Obedient Servant

He couldn't sleep. His eyes just stared at his ceiling as the light from his window slowly peeked through the curtains. Nishinoya would usually go to sleep so early. But, since his mind was such a mess he could never close his eyes. There were bags laying underneath his eye lids. He was exhausted, but he couldn't sleep while his thoughts were running all over the place.

Six in the morning. The boy sighed, rubbing his eyes with the palm of his hand. There was no use trying to go back to sleep. At least it was the weekend. So, he didn't have to attend school. But, he did have to attend something else. He questioned himself why he even agreed to go with them. Yua knew about their fellow friendship. She never knew about the confession, thankfully. The other week she asked if Nishinoya wanted to go out on the town with the two love birds. Without hesitation he said yes. If it was out of desperation or spite, he didn't know. Now having the day arrive, he didn't want to go. He couldn't be a replacement.

The boy somehow managed to get up. Ruffling up his hair as he just stood in the middle of the room for a second. He felt so weak. It could be from skipping an entire two meals yesterday or just being exhausted. Either or he didn't feel well. Maybe this could be his great plan of an escape. He could just say he wasn't feeling well and sit in his room all day. The boy sighed, shaking his head.

"You aren't a coward. You aren't a coward." He spoke in a mumble. Repeatedly saying those words to boast some confidence as he made his way to the bathroom. "Come on Nishinoya." His voice was stern. Staring at himself with a strict expression through the mirror. He looked pathetic. It looked like he was a homeless man that was smoking ten packs of cigarettes each day. How the hell did it get this bad?

Nishinoya repeatedly splashed handfuls of water on his face. Hoping it would do something about his appearance. Of course, it didn't. His face was just dripping with water as his bangs were damp. He still looked like a mess. He hung his head low, letting out a long disappointed sigh. This was going to be a process.

After a long hour of hard work, his hair looked as normal as before. Still in his distinctive spiked up style. The boy didn't look as tired, although the bags still hung under his eyelids. Nothing he could do about it. Now, for the hardest part. He made his way back to his room. Looking through all his clothing. Should he wear something nice or more casual? Should he try to look presentable enough? Maybe he should wear jeans and a nice button up? What if he didn't wear a jacket and act cold so Asahi could- this isn't a date. Asahi isn't Nishinoya's boyfriend. Was he seriously that naive and stupid? Of course he wouldn't care about what he was wearing. He wouldn't even take a second glance. It's a pair of jeans and a shirt then.

Maybe Yū was too early. He looked at the time to confirm it, definitely too early. The arrival time was supposed to be around ten. He ended up being there an hour early. He waited and waited, his foot tapping anxiously. He could just dip and forgot about all of this. Make up an excuse that he was too busy. But, it was already too late. A pair of white flats coming into view.

"Nishinoya!" The similar voice rang through his ears. It wasn't a pleasant noise to him. He looked up, making eye contact with the girl in front of him. "Have you been waiting long?" She sat down beside him. Making sure to push her skirt under as she sat down. "Oh, no."

Yū took a quick glance over to the girl. She was definitely dressed for a date. She wore this short skirt that had little flowers and strawberries printed all over it. A cute little necklace with an a used as the main focus point. A white shirt that matched her white flats. She certainly looked pretty. But, she definitely over did herself. He couldn't keep his eyes off that necklace. He knew it stood for Asahi's name. Just staring at it made him want to break down.

"Oh!" Yua seemed to notice the boys staring, lifting up the necklace so he could get a closer work. "Asahi gave it to me for our five month anniversary. Isn't it cute?" A little giggled escaped her lips. Her eyes staring deeply into the necklace. She looked so... happy. "It's such a meaningful gift..." her head popped back up, looking over at the boy. "He's such a great boyfriend you know. If you could find a girl just like him then you would be set!" She spoke with a smile. But, Nishinoya spoke with a broken one. "Haha... nah I'm good. You know, I'm all set already." He hid his emotions with a smile, rubbing the nape of his neck. He wasn't set.