Ziam: Detention (One shot)

Liam's POV

Ugh! I can't believe this! I got a detention because of my best friend Niall! We were in math class taking a test when I got thrown a piece of paper. I unfolded it and read it. It was a piece of paper asking for the answers on numbers one through five. I looked up to see who had thrown it, only to meet Mr. Song, our math teacher's eyes locked with mind. He reached out for the paper and read over it and asked me if I wrote it. I looked over his shoulder to find Niall begging me to lie. I was about to say no, when Niall got out of his seat and on his knees. I lamely nodded my head to let Mr. Song know I supposedly wrote it. Mr. Song gave me an 'F' on the test, and a four hour detention on Friday.

So here I am. The only kid in the room. I've been here for about two hours, only two more to go. Honestly, this has to be my first detention since... Well, this is my first detention ever. I am so mad at Niall! At least he promised to buy me lunch for two months, so I guess he's off the hook on this one.

I take a look around the room again to see if I had missed any other student in  here with me. No. I'm  100% alone. Even the teacher isn't here. He said he had a meeting and that he was forced to go. But if by any chance I decided to skip detention, he was going to add three more days. You'd think he wouldn't find out if I left, but he said that he was going to send a teacher to check on me. So I think I'm just gonna stay here.

It actually surprised me that Zayn, the bad boy of the school isn't here. He is always getting into fights, and this morning he got in one. I thought he was going to get a detention, but I guess he didn't, or he decided to skip it. That wouldn't surrise me at all.

Either way I'm glad. I don't think I'd like to be in the same room as him. You see, he has been my crush since elementary school. No one knows. Not even Niall because if I tell him he'll  certainly tell his boyfriend Louis, and Louis just can't seem to keep his mouth shut. So I'm not risking it. I am not planning on telling Zayn anytime soon because I'm sure he'll beat me to death. He hates gays. He always bullies them, and it hurts me to think that I'll never have him.

I don't even understand why I love him. He and I are just so different. He's a bad boy, he has bad grades, he skips school almost everyday, he doesn't care what anybody thinks of him, and always has girls around him. Me on the other hand, am a good boy, I have excellent grades, I never skip school or have ever been absent, and I'm really shy. The biggest difference of all is that I never have one nightstands every single night like he and he's best friend Harry do. It's such a relief he hasn't gotten any girl pregnant. We are so different, yet he doesn't fail on catching my eye... And my heart.

I shake my head trying to not let my thoughts take me over to Zaynlandia. I take yet another look around the room. In the corner something catches my eye. A guitar case. I wonder if there's a guitar inside. I walk towards it. The teacher said not to leave this room, and I'm not. But he never said anything about playing the guitar to waste time. It's a good thing Niall taught me how to play. It looks really hard but it's so easy once you can tell which cord is which.

I walk back to the very first desk, but instead of sitting on the chair, I sit on top of the desk so I can get a better position to play. I begin to strum a few random chords.

Playing guitar always makes me think of Zayn. Not that I never think  of Zayn. But sometimes songs are a really good way to express my feelings. Like a couple of weeks ago I wrote a song just for him. It describes my situation perfectly. I start to sing it.

Boy it should be me

Driving to your house

Knocking on your door