The New Girl

Santana's POV

As my 2 Cheerio besties and I walked into the choir room in our matching cheer uniforms and pony tails and took our seats, I noticed Mr. Schuester talking quietly to a girl I had never seen before.

She had on a light grey beanie over short-ish loose mint green curls and an undercut, with black thick frame glasses and a lip ring.

Aside from the occasional glance around the room, she had her head down for the most part. She looked nervous and awkward and...sad?

As the bell rang and the rest of the club took their seats, Mr. Schue cleared his throat and began talking..

"Hey guys, this is Piper, she's a new transfer from Carmel H-" He tried explaining before Rachel cut him off.

"Wait..so were you part of Vocal Adrenaline?" She asked the new girl.

"N-no.. I tried telling Mr. Schuester that I don't do show choir." Piper tried to explain.

Rachel, obviously over the convo with the new girl turned to Mr.Schue and asked with clear frustration, "Well, then why is she here taking time away from sectionals practice?"

The new girl tried to take her backpack off the piano and silently sneak away before Mr. Schue caught her backpack strap and spun her around before draping his arm over her shoulders.

She rolled her eyes in annoyance and looked down at her feet as Schue continued, "Well you see Piper here, got offered a recording contract with Colombia records a couple months ago but it doesn't seem like she's made a decision about that yet..and because we're a member down, I thought Piper could help us with Glee Club."

Piper looked caught off guard by Schue as her eyes snapped up at his. She turned, swung her bag over her shoulder and walked out without saying a word.

To break the awkward silence Mr. Schue walked over to the whiteboard and started teaching the lesson after a few moments.

"This weeks lesson will be on....Original songs. Now guys, I want everyone to pair up or do it solo, your choice. You have to write a song and preform it for the class by friday. Everyone needs to participate this week. We need some fresh material for sectionals; something that will set us apart from the competition" He said

At least this lesson is tolerable. He made us do "Adult Contemporary" last week and hardly anyone completed the assignment.

The bell rang and I got up with Quinn and walked to algebra, which we had together. Brittany went the opposite direction to art class with Kurt.

When we walked in the new girl, Piper, was already sat down in the back of the class room. Only problem was that she was in Quinn's regular seat.

The new girl obviously didnt know that Quinn sat there but that wasnt going to stop us from giving her a hard time.

She had her head rested on her arms on her desk. She was spaced out staring at the wall. I realized she looked sad again. I felt like maybe I should've tried to get Quinn to drop it, but the feeling passed when Quinn kicked the desk Piper was resting on.

She jumped up, clearly shaken by the abrupt action.

"What do you think you're doing?" Quinn asked sharply.