Chapter 2: Attraction and Sticky Gum

Hey guys!!! Thanks so much for reading! Ok, so ths chapter (and every chapter in Ella's P.O.V.) will just be her P.O.V. on the chapter before it. Only Ella's chapters will be that way. And I think you'll like them just as much as Leda's P.O.V. THANKS AGAIN FOR READING!!!!

***********************************************************************************************

***Ella's P.O.V***

My first day of school. Its just like every other first day I've had. You see, I tend to move around a lot. My mom works around and likes working everywhere. And living everywhere. It's her dream to live in each state once. And she's almost reached her goal. I've been to at least three schools a year. And honestly, I really just want to stay once place for a really long time.

This time, we're in Rhode Island. And my mom thought it'd be cool to live in the smallest city, New Shoreham.

Moving was the easy part. Getting settled in and starting a new school all over again was the annoying part. Most schools were the same. Same popular people, same loners. Same hot girls, same annoying guys that they date. Oh, did I mention I'm a lesbian? No? Well, I am. That's another thing that I hate to repeating to people. But I usually just let them find out on their own.

Waking up, I sighed. Just another day at another stupid school. I climbed out of bed and trudged to my closet. I decided to just wear my green "grumposaur" shirt and my military camo pants. And I put on my worn out, lace up Toms and my leather jacket. I moved from my closet to my mirror and decided I looked fine for school, grabbed my shark back pack, and left my room

The bus I had to ride was terrible, but aren't they all? At least I got to school.

When I got there, I noticed it was quite smaller than other high schools I've been to.

It also looked like the outside of it hadn't been tended to for a while. And on the inside, the paint was peeling and the bathrooms looked old and kind of gross.

Nevertheless, it was a school and I guessed we wouldn't be here that long anyways. So, I didn't really have to like it.

I walked to the office slowly. The walk there was always the same and they all looked alike in every school.

I got to the front desk and cleared my throat so the lady on the phone would notice me. She then motioned for me to sit in one of the chairs on the side of the wall. So I did. Eventually she got off the phone and walked over.

"What did you want, sweetie?" She asked. She was close to me so I could smell her purfume. It was the usual old lady perfume.

"I'm a new student and I need my schedule." I stated.

"Ah! Come with me, right this way." She then led me to Principle Levan's office. He was an old bald man who looked like he liked his bald head, it was shiny.

"Have a seat, Ms.?" He wanted a reply. 

And for the billonth time in my life I said, "I'm Ella Boyd." And gave the friendly smile that I used on everyone.

He then proceded to stare in awe at all of the schools I've been to and ask me the usual stupid questions like, "How do you cope?" or, "Do you not like moving because of this?" And I gave usual nods or shakes of my head. And then the school rules and finally, my schedule.

I looked it over. My classes were good, I guess. I shook his hand and left to find my locker. I was just a few halls away and my classes were close to it, so maybe this school won't be that bad.

I found my locker and started unlocking it when I noticed a lot of people in the halls and then a noticed a straight couple talking near a wall. The guy was okay looking but the girl... Whoa. She was gorgeous. She had light brown hair and her jeans were tight so they really accentuated her legs, which looked really good. But then I realized again that they were a couple and turned away just in time, beofre they kissed goodbye.

So I went back to my locker. It didn't take long for me to notice her at hers with three of her friends. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I didn't care. I was just watching her and her movements. And then I laughed because it was obvious she didn't want the company of those three girls.

The bell rang. They left and just as I was about to leave as well I noticed that the girl had gotten her bag stuck on the latch of her locker. 

Well, never a better time to say hello, I thought to myself.

"Hey, need some help?" I asked as I walked over. I didn't notice how nervous I was until I had actually spoken the words.

"Oh, yes please." She said as I grabbed the latch. I couldn't help but stare at her. Which is what I did on accident when she held out her hand. Her name, she said it was Leda and she was surprised that there was a new student in the school. I realized that even though the conversation was boring, I just liked to listen to her talk.

I quickly thought up a resonse, "Oh I can see why, this is Rhode Island." What? How stupid! Of course this is Rhode Island. And she knew that, she was the one living here longer than me.

Then I realized we were standing there awkwardly for a while, and I was just mesmerized by her features. Her green eyes, her high cheek bones, her curves, her long legs, the way she was standing. Man, she was attractive. Then I heard her mumble the word 'crap.'

"Something wrong?" I asked, hoping it wasn't me.

"It's just, we're gonna be late for class and I kind of have a reputation of being early." Oh crap, it was my fault. I'd been standing here taking away her class time. So I tried to think of an excuse.

I told her that its alright because it's the first day, and she seemed to believe it. Which was good, but she was probably annoyed by me by now.

But, to my amazement, she asked to hang out with me! My heart starting beating faster and she smiled at me. Smiled! 

"And maybe I could show you around town. And if you wanted, you could sleep over my house." She said, and my stomach turned. Me, at her house? We'd only just met and I was super attracted to her, what would I say? Well, I picked the only words I coud say...

"I'd love to, Leda." And then I smiled, a sincere smile. Not like the one I gave Principle Levan.

I couldn't believe she wanted me at her house! Maybe, she'd become my friend, or more! Or wait, probably not. She did have a boyfriend, unfortunately. I've never actually had a friend before so I didn't know what it would be like.

I walked away with her number in my hand and a smile on my face. Maybe this will be a good school year.

* * *

I got to my next class in the middle of attendance. Of course, it annoyed the teacher because my last name is Boyd and she already passed me. But I didn't care. I had other things to keep my mind on.

I sat down in a seat in the back and just as I sat down my hand came in contact with some recently chewed gum. Then I heard some snickering to the left of me. Some douchebag looking guys were laughing at me like it was the funniest thing in the world. I just smiled at them and wiped it on the table, avoiding that side. This was obvously not going to be the best class.

**************************************************************************************

Hey! Thanks so much for reading! I'd love it if you told me your favorite parts down below in the comments. :) that would mean so much to me, you have no idea. 

Ella's outfit will be down there as well! You should click on it because you'd loooooove it. :)

Still more to come! Make sure to fan me if you want to read more. Thanks!