chapter 10

Zeldas POV

It was time for the announcement when I heard a commotion out the front of my office. It didn't take a genius to figure out that it must have been Lord Ganon coming to argue about the announcement and how he should be the one chosen instead of Lord Vaati.

"My queen." The doors to my study opened with a loud bang as Lord Ganon walked in like he owned the place. "Apologies. We tried our best-" The guard spoke.

I held up my hand and dismissed them. There is no force alive that could keep Lord Ganon at bay for long. I knew he would be angry with me when Impa went and told him about the announcement so his reaction wasn't unexpected.

"My lord Ganondorf. What an unexpected surprise." I smile, tilting my head to the side.

Who am I kidding? I could have bet that he would come here as soon as he heard.

"Don't be cute with me little queen. Are you going to announce your engagement to that weasel Vaati!?" He demands to know but I faked gasp and look of shock.

"What in goddess green hyrule gave you that idea?" I smirk and wander back around to sit at my desk.

"Do you expect me to believe that this announcement of yours isn't meant for your engagement. In this land it is customary to notify the betrothed about who you choose as your husband." He snarls and slams his hands down on my desk.

"You're mistaken Lord Ganondorf. Where did you hear such a tall tale? Our traditions are to notify the one I choose to marry a month prier. As I haven't known you for longer than a month then I don't see how such a thing is possible. However, my father had Lord Vaati pledge allegiance to him when he was just a foot soldier and now look at him. He is a rather dashing man." I dreamily state to anger Lord Ganondorf even more.

"That little pip squeak is pathetic. I could crush his scull with one hand." He holds up his hand and clenches his fist.

"Is that meant to impress me Lord Ganon?" I arch my brow at him.

I see his rage bubbling up but then watch as he changes tactics. I keep my eyes glued to him as he stalks around my desk and places his arms down behind my chair to entrap me. His hot breath is fanning over my neck and I can hear him growl when he leans down closer to my ear.

"You will marry me or I will take your land by force. I will have you on your knees before me as I sit on your fathers' throne as you lick and suck me off. Do you understand." He sneers.

"Such a romantic proposal." I sarcastically drone.

"Zelda." He tips my desk over and comes to stand before me with a heated glare. "As much as you think me unsuitable or unstable, know this. I offered marriage to you as an alternative to forcing this kingdom to ruin. I will not sacrifice my men carelessly but above all I want you as mine."

My eyes blink at him. Did he really just say that?

"No doubt as some little whore you can use till you've had your fill." I snap at him.

"You infuriating woman!" He lifts up my chair and slams it back down on the ground again.

My heart races and I'm shaking as I look up at him with trembling hands. What the fuck! He sees me trembling and its like something clicks inside him. Then I feel it. That dull tug. That stupid thing that keeps pushing me to go to Ganon every time I'm afraid or upset. It's driving me crazy. His breathing calms as he kneels down in front of me and rest his head against my shoulder.

"My queen." He softly speaks. "I apologize for frightening you. This is not easy for me to say this and I will refuse it if you ever mention it to any other but I want you to be my bride."