Chapter 1 - I'm Lost : Sundae's POV

Chapter 1 – I'm Lost : Sundae's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep.       

'What is that..?' I thought as my eyes opened.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I closed my eyes again. It was too bright. 'Okay. Let's try again.'

Beep. Beep. Beep.

'God that noise is going to get annoying really fast.' I thought, opening my eyes again. I let my eyes adjust themselves before I looked around the room.  It was white and smelled like saline. 'Hospital... I'm in a hospital.' I said to myself.

Beep, beep. Beep, beep. Beep, beep.

The beeping noise was getting faster and faster before a group of five nurses ran in. "Oh my gosh! You're awake!" one of them yelled, causing me to flinch at her high pitched voice. "I'll get the doctor." Another said, leaving the room. "I'll get the family." Said another, following the first nurse.

The other nurses run to me, asking me questions that I don't care to answer. I sat there quietly as they poked and prodded me. The doctor came in a bit later and introduced himself as Dr. Hessen. He asked the same questions the nurses did.

"I think I'm fine. I just have a bad headache." I said, looking him in the eye. "So, if you could give me something for that, that would be great. Honestly."

"Do you remember how you got here?" he asked, writing something down on his clipboard. I shook my head and instantly regretted it. I felt my head explode in pain.

"We've diagnosed you with a severe concussion." He continued writing on his clipboard, looking me over. "You also have two broken ribs and a small skull fracture. It's not too big but we'll be keeping a good eye on it." He told me, stepping away. "I'm going to send your family in now, okay?"

He didn't give me time to answer before he left the room. I sat there quietly, waiting on my 'family' to come in. 'What's my family like..?' I thought, biting my lip nervously. I heard a small knock on the door and looked up.

First, an older woman came in. She had small, angled glasses on her pale face. Her tired, emerald, green eyes sparkled with tears when she walked up to me. Her greyish blond hair was pulled into a simple, messy bun that she tried to smooth over.

"S... Sundae..?" she asked, looking at me. I stayed quiet, watching her face. Obviously she was expecting me to answer her. "I'm guessing that's me, right..?" I said, continuing to stare at her. "Yes, that's you sweetie." She said, sitting at the edge of my bed.

"And you are..?" I asked, biting my lip. "I... I'm your mother, Martha David." She smiled slightly, her voice barely above a whisper. "Martha David, my mom." I repeated softly. "Nice to meet you, mom." I put my hand out and patted her shoulder softly.

Her eyes filled with more tears as she called for the doctor. When he came in, she notified him of my lack of knowledge of who she was. He kept his face calm as he explained to her that, with concussions, it's a possibility that one could suffer from amnesia for any amount of time from a day to a lifetime.

That was when she broke down.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and cried for what felt like hours. She blamed herself for what happened to me, for why I was here and I patted her back. "Uh, mom. This isn't your fault. It's mine. No one else could have put me here. I should've been more careful." I tried to sooth her. I really did.

It barely worked.

The doctor lead her out of the room, taking her to get a cup of coffee to calm herself down. The door hardly shut before another person came in.

He was handsome.

No, handsome isn't the word. He was gorgeous.

His electric, blue eyes pierced mine. His ink black hair was messed around, almost like bed head. He was muscular and his shirt fit him just right, clinging to his muscles as he moved closer to me. "Oh my God, Sunny. I'm so glad you're okay." He said, taking my hand in his.

"Um..." I mumbled, pulling my hand away reluctantly. "My name is Sundae. I think you have the wrong guy." I smiled gently, looking him in the eye. 'Hell, just call me yours.' I thought to myself, a twinge of flirt in my head.

He chuckled softly, causing me to blush. "I think I know my husband." He grabbed my hand again, kissing it softly.

"Husband? I'm your husband?" I gasped, staring him down. "I don't even know who you are, Hottie McHotterson. I can't be your husband." I snatched my hand away, wincing slightly as I moved.

"Hottie Mc... Sunny what are you going on about?" He questioned, moving back a bit. "It's me, Sin." I shook my head. "I don't know who you are." I said, looking into his eyes.

I regretted it though. His face turned to stone and he glared at me slightly. "Where's your mother?" he growled.

"Elijah..." I looked to my mother by the door. 'Sin' or 'Elijah', whatever his name is, stood up and walked over to her. In not-so-quiet-whispers, they talked about me and my current condition.

After the talk, he walked back over to me and sat in the chair instead of on my bed. He held my hand and looked me dead in the eye. His jaw was tight and his hand gripped mine tighter as he stared.

"My name is Elijah Hopkins, also known as Sin. Your name is Sundae, spelled like the ice cream treat, Sundae Hopkins. I call you Sunny because you're bright and you make my life brighter." His voice choked up slightly, almost like it was out of character. "We've been married for three years now. We were friends for two, dated for three, and engaged for two. We've been together for ten years now, Sunny. Please." He begged, now in tears. "You have to remember something, anything..."

I stared silently, trying to think of anything that I could do to help calm him down. I gently ran my fingers through his hair. "Um. There, there Elijah. I'm sure I'll remember soon." I lied.

He chuckled slightly, leaning into my hand. "You should know, you're a bad liar." He sighed, wiping his eyes. "But thank you for trying to cheer me up. You've always been good at that." Leaning up, he kissed my forehead softly and stayed there a while.

"I love you, Sundae. I'll help you remember me, even if it kills me."