-9-

Pov. Joochan

I can feel my heart pounding in my chest, my sweaty hand is already on the doorknob.

I thought this through for a very long time now.

Ever since my friends encouraged me to do it - okay, maybe except for Donghyun - , this night when I couldn't even close my eyes to sleep, this morning under the shower, not long ago in the subway that brought me here at last.

I prepared my best clothes for this moment, even though my anxiety probably makes me look pretty messy again.

I didn't want to go with empty hands so I brought him one of these cringey but still kind of cute get-well-soon-stuffed animals. I know that Sungyoon isn't the type of person for stuff like this but he still always keeps those little things close to his heart. He simply doesn't want to show it. Stereotypical tsundere. I love it.

I also didn't want to bring anything that he might recognize. Not yet.

I take many deep breaths, I probably have already been standing in front of his door for minutes, I'm glad I came so early in the morning that there aren't masses of people flooding the hallways yet.

The last time I've been here was already weeks ago. I haven't seen Seungmin anywhere though.

But I know that I have to do this now.

So I take one last deep breath - and finally enter his room.

Luckily, he's still sleeping peacefully, he didn't hear me coming in. I close the door and just stand there and stare at him.

How in the world could he have ever gotten even more beautiful than before?

His face muscles are relaxed, his hair is lying on his face so lightly. He looks like he's not even real. He looks like he was just painted by some godlike artist.
I slowly move towards his bed. He's still got some bandages on his arms and other places but I honestly imagined him to be in a way worse condition.

I take a seat on the chair next to his bed. I carefully place the little stuffed animal on a table next to all the other presents he got from his other visitors, many of them probably from when he was still in coma.

I'm glad I'm sitting because my knees are shaking like crazy now. I can't believe he's right there next to me for real. I want to touch him but I know I can't. Not yet.

His hands are lying on his sides, so delicate and soft. They're so close and yet so far away from mine.

I decide to sing quietly for myself to calm down a bit, I've done this for as long as I can remember. But I haven't sung for him ever since he woke up.

I'm scared of his reaction but there's none. He's not waking up because of the song I'm singing for him - "Lullaby" by So Soo Bin. Thank God.

But just as I stop worrying about him waking up, I notice him smirking slightly and slowly opening his eyes.

I stop immediately.
"You're finally back" he says without even looking at me while he's still getting used to the soft morning light that found it's way though the curtains in this hospital room.

He remembered my voice.

I am startled. "I-I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to wake you up." I immediately get up from my chair.

He finally locks my gaze and smiles at me softly. It's breathtaking. He's breathtaking.

I back up awkwardly towards the door. I need to get out of here. Or else I don't even know what will happen to me.

He looks adorably confused now.

"Who are you?"

I still try to smile through my pain. "I'm sorry."
With that, I rush out of his room.

He forgot about me.

-
-

Author's note!

I finally updated! I'm sorry for having you wait for so long :'(

I just want to take a quick moment to thank you all so much for over 500 reads already! And those amazing ranks (ranked *3 in gncd WTH), I never expected this to happen. Again, thank you so much for reading and having fun with my story, I'm so grateful for each one of you :))

Stay happy and safe!!

and it's already the 28th of August 2020 so...
HAPPY THIRD ANNIVERSARY TO GOLDEN CHILD, MY BABIES GROW UP SO FAST AND I LOVE THEM SO MUCH, THEY DESERVE THE WHOLE WORLD!! ♡

-marie aka smolhui