Assignment #1

Data provided by the teacher: And at that exact moment I knew he couldn't fight anymore...

Task: Write a story using this description.

_______________________________

And at that exact moment I knew he couldn't fight anymore.

I saw him practically swing through the air, the momentum it produced struck me like a cold yet terrifying breeze.

The gravity pulled him towards the earth, and he collapsed to the hard grass-less floor of the pathetically decorated graveyard.

I glared at his slender and now lifeless body lying next to Tom Marvolo Riddle's tomb, then at his opened eyes, the eyes that used to warm up everybody's heart, he looked terrified. I felt a rush of emotions bubble up inside of my injured body.

He was dead.

Cedric, our favourite HufflePuff was now dead and there was nothing I could do to bring him back.

I felt my bottom lip quiver, my eyes felt heavy, warm tears were welling up inside my eyes. And before I could contemplate any further, I found myself sobbing while clinging to Ced's arms.

A loud applause broke the noise of my hysterical sobs, I heard Voldemort's voice, but I couldn't make out what he said, I was too traumatized to think straight.

"Crucio!"

Before I could take any action, the unforgivable spell hit me like a train. That was it, my whole skeleton was being shaken up, it felt as if I was being crushed under a heavy-duty vehicle, in a nutshell, I'd rather let myself be consumed into the ashes than experience this tragedy.

The air was filled with my sobs that eventually turned into screams for mercy. The fusion of both my yelps and the death eaters' laughter was like music to Voldemort's ears and-

"Ms. Suleman?"

Huh?

"Ms. Suleman, you still with us?"

I felt a warm hand on my right shoulder, I turned around to see and found Noor giving me the you-did-it-again look.

"Young lady, if you're finally out of your head, then I may insist you to please read page no. 394 out loud?"

Came Ma'am Sumaira's voice, I swung my head so quickly that if I had swung it any faster, it would have fallen out of its precious place, my neck. And to top it all off, I immediately regretted making eye contact with her because she was practically shooting daggers at me through her eyeballs.

I was in trouble, big big trouble...

_______________________________

Student info: 11355
Class: P2 G, Cambridge Block, DPS