hair dye

a/n: this is in honor of me dyeing my hair like three different colors in the past month <3

——

"I don't think it's gonna work, hun," Bucky rubbed the hair dye into your hair. You groaned, throwing your head back to look up at him.

"This is the one thing that I want and I can't even have it! It's so unfair," You whined, stretching yourself out on the chair you were sitting on. Bucky chuckled, directing his vision towards the hair bleach that was sitting on the bathroom counter.

"What are you thinking about?" You arched a brow up, noticing Bucky's blank, yet focused expression on his face.

"Nothin'," He smiled, patting your head and playing with your hair.

"I'll wash your hair right now, and then you can go and take a nap," Bucky nodded, grabbing the little water hose attached to the sink. You happily let your head down, Bucky applying some shampoo into your hair as he rubbed his fingers through your hair and massaged your head. You smiled, a sense of comfort overcoming you as you closed your eyes and let the cool water softly run through your hair.

"Alright, we're good," Bucky smiled lovingly down at you as you opened your eyes and grabbed the towel he handed to you.

"I'll dry my hair, I know you did it for me but I kind of want it to be a surprise," You chuckled as you walked out of the bathroom with the towel wrapped around your head. Bucky gave you a small kiss before you left, closing and locking the door immediately. His eyes locked onto the bleach in the little bowl he had left over from your hair job, smirking as he picked it up.

After drying your now red hair, you felt tired and laid in your bed. If Bucky needed anything, he would call.

"Y/N!" Bucky shouted from the bathroom. Jumping, you ran to the bathroom in a rush.

"Is everything okay? Bucky, let me in," You asked, trying to open the door, but to no success.

"Tada!" Bucky sung, opening the door to reveal his bleached hair. You gasped, this change was something you hadn't expected.

"Oh my god, Buck, you look amazing," You laughed, shaking your head. He smiled, hugging you and spinning you around.

"You look even better, doll," Bucky smiled as he set you down and ran his fingers through your hair.

"Are you gonna dye your hair or are you sticking with the blond?" You asked, letting your arms rest on his shoulders.

"Hmm, that'll be a question for a future impulsive me," Bucky chuckled, kissing your forehead.