Part 2

Chapter One

Ben looked around at the black attire and the heads bowed low. The attempts of cheer from friends and family couldn't mask the gloom in the air. He thought about everything, from his wife, to Olivia, to work, to friends, to family, to...her.

"Mr. Trilwood?"

He looked up quickly. Everyone was staring at him.

"Yes?"

"It is time for the final prayer."

"Of...of course." Ben walked slowly to the priest's side and kneeled. He sat in silence for a minute.

"Mr. Trilwood?" He walked over and put his hand on Ben's shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I know...the prayer, Father Goodwin."

"Please take your time." Father Goodwin said softly. Ben took a deep breath.

"Chris....Chris....Chris...Christ....Christa....." He stammered. "Christa...was a delightful, happy three-year-old....that loved life..." Ben took another deep breath. "She...would come to me in the morning and tell me she dreamed of her mommy..." Yet another deep breath. "She would chase butterflies around the yard...she never could've hurt a soul. Christa was light-hearted little girl who I loved with all my heart, and I hope she's in...a better place now." Ben started to cry as he placed a bouquet of flowers on Christa's small, lifeless body, then quietly walked back to his seat. The priest said a few words and they buried the body.

"Ben." He quickly looked up. "I'm so sorry for your loss." Ben knew his friend Max was just trying to be nice, but it doesn't work to remind him of Christa.

"Thanks, Max." He said after a few seconds. Max looked at him with a concerned look, then walked away. Him and Ben had been best friends since high school. They did everything together. But since Christa's death, Ben had completely shut himself out of the world. He ignored his friend all the time.

__________________________________________________________________

I know this part was a little boring. I'll post the next part as soon as I can. Keep reading, fan and comment :)