Heartache 7

"Sometimes you need to accept that it's over. Holding unto someone who already stopped showing his love and care is the most painful thing ever."

December 18, 2014 – My Birthday

Today, I will ready my heart. I won’t expect too much cause I know he already forgotten me. He’s happy now. With her on his side.

Those genuine smiles off him... I thought I could only see that when I’m with him but I am wrong.

He seems so happy. What the hell did I do?

I remember one time, when things became complicated between us. He confessed to me that at the beginning he really like her already. The moment he entered our school (because he’s a transferee) she already captured his heart.

Then I asked him, ‘then why me?’

Then he answered, ‘because you’re the one who approached me first since I don’t have friends here’

Those words... broke my heart.

Painful right?

He also said that he’s shy to approach her that’s why he remained to be at my side, like he doesn’t have a choice at all.

Funny, I was just his second choice.

I’m not expecting him to surprise me and will say ‘happy birthday pot!’ cause I know he will never do that. For how many months that we’re ignoring each other, I don’t know.

But I’m surprised when he said that he has a gift for me and I need to pick it up on his car. Wow! People change really!

Before, he’ll be personally give it to me with his warmest hugs and greetings. Now, he just said that I’m going to get it in his car because the girl he’s courting might saw it and maybe she’ll think of something unnecessary. That’s according to him.

Ouch.

He also said that, it’s his ‘pambayad’ because I surprised him on his birthday before. Wow!

It’s like, he’s just giving back the favor and...nothing at all.

Nothing special.

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OLD YOU!?