Sober

This is kind of depressing, so enjoy a picture of my cat :) This is an AU, where Tyler and Troye both live near each other, and it's going to only be one part. It's based on Sober, by P!nk. If you haven't heard me rant about it already, you're obviously new. Here's a link to the song on Spotify --> http://open.spotify.com/track/56elgHuzFP2aqqA0rUjRj1

Also, I know this is mostly based off of Sober, but there are actually a lot of other P!nk songs that this reminded me of, such as Long Way to Happy, It's All Your Fault, The Great Escape, The Truth About Love, I Don't Believe You, Try, Glitter In the Air, Please Don't Believe Me, etc. Honestly, though, if you're going to listen to any one song, just stick with Sober.

This is probably going to be the longest single-part I've posted yet, and I don't know where this is going, so we'll see how it does. I just thought it was a crime that I've never written anything based off of this song before, and I've had this vague idea for a while, so I'm mostly just toying around with it.

Alright. Let's get started.

Troye POV

Being in love sucks.

Now, I know, everyone proclaims that being love is the greatest feeling in the world, but that's only if it's requited love. I suppose that's true; I've just never felt that, exactly. Because the thing is, I'm in love with my best friend, Tyler Oakley. He doesn't know it, and I sincerely hope he never finds out, as it could ruin everything, but with that being said, I can assure you that my feelings are definitely not mutual.

I'm twenty-one years old. I've known Tyler since I was eighteen, but I've only been in love with him for about two years. I guess it's possible that I've been in love with him for a lot longer, and just either never realized it or never admitted it, but thinking that way just hurts even more, so I tend not to go to that part of my mind in my waking hours. I'd much rather do it when most of my thoughts are incoherent in the first place.

Over the years that I've known him, Tyler has been the man who frequents bars and doesn't surprise people when he explains that he wasn't at his own home for a night after acquainting himself with alcohol and an attractive man. I don't personally have a problem with his sex life, especially since it seems to make him happy enough, but I just stubbornly and selfishly wished he would look at me in the way that I've seen him glance at total strangers.

It hurts as well, because I know it's stupid of me to think this way. Tyler Oakley is such an amazing man. He's accomplished so much, and done so many great things for not just his friends, but for the greater good of the world. He's raised a lot of ,only for the Trevor Project, he's indirectly saved peoples' lives, and he's even made millions of days brighter for people who weren't at their emotional or mental peak. I love that about him, yet that's just one of the few details and facts that equal the glorious Tyler Oakley that I've come to know and love.

And then there's me. The man that loves someone he can't have, that tried to do YouTube, but became too busy with other affairs to really pull it off in the way that I and so many other people wanted to. The man, who flunked his music career, because he was too messed up with personal problems to go through with all of the things that I've strived to do for so long. That man, who, in his inescapable pain, has succumbed to drink to numb the pain.

I don't particularly like drinking, or the taste of most drinks, but if there's one way to forget your sorrows, at least for a little while, without doing something completely regrettable, it's get drunk. I usually just sit at home, in my tiny apartment, and sip life from bottles, as my song from so long ago once said.