IV. A Hasty Love

"So Christian, do you like Reian?" Mark asked smiling.

"Of course," Christian answered.

I don't really know if he is telling the truth or he is just pretending so I won't feel bad. I can't read his mind. 

"So, what do you wanna tell her?" Mark asked. He's really trying to tease me. I like it anyway.

"If you would ask me who will I choose between You and God, I would simply choose you coz God gave me you." Christian said seriously.

eeeeeeeek! I squealed. It's too cheesy for me to take. I bet he is just teasing me. Of course, I smiled. I like it though.

Everyone was just smiling because of what they heard. It could be true or it could be a lie or whatever. 

"How about you Reian? What do you wanna say to Christian?" Mark asked.

I was like, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. what do i tell him? Should I tell him I like him?

They were staring at me waiting for me to say anything.

"I really don't know what to say. I.... don't know." Embarassing. This is so embarassing.

"Anything.. Anything that comes from the heart." Mark said, with a smile.

I was just speechless and I just smiled all the time. I really can't tell him I like him. First, it is because I am too shy to say it infornt of these guys. Second, I'm not drunk. I am only honest with my feelings when I get drunk. 

"Okay, okay. Since you're good in singing, why not just sing a song for Christian? A song that you would want to dedicate to him?" 

Okay, that's much better. So.. what song do I want to sing? Hmmm...

"Okay, I'll sing this song...

 ~So don't you worry your pretty little mind

People throw rocks at things that shine

And life makes love look hard

The stakes are high, the water's rough

But this love is ours

that's it." I hope it's not obvious.

Well, everyone clapped. Amazed by my voice? well..

"So why did you choose that song? This love is ours? Is that for Christian?"

So, it is really obvious. 

"well, yes." speechless. Yes, I am. 

And because of that, the mood was changed to a serious one. Mark and the other already had their own conversations and gave us time to talk to each other.

Christian told me what kind of person he was before.

"You know what? I don't want to pretend like I'm a good guy. I've been really bad. When I was in High School, I dated a lot of girls, and my goal was? bodily pleasures. I tried drugs. I was into drinking, smoking. I joined a gang, to a fraternity. I tried different things, good to bad." He said in a very serious manner. Though he was already tipsy that time.

"But why are you telling me all of these?" I asked. 

"Because I want you to know me, what I was, I want you to be aware of who I am. And I also want you to tell me who you are."

Okay, is this a trap? No way. I won't tell you. 

"Okay. You know what? I am really not comfortable telling people of my story. Especially when I just met them. I can tell you, but it is limited. Like, I am naughty, I'm not a good person as well. But its just up to that, for now." 

"I understand. Don't worry. I can wait."

Our conversation went deeper. Especially when the others left, it ws just the two of us. Talking. 

"So, I know, we just met. But there is really something about you, you know, I am really not the type of guy who would really be serious to a girl especially if i just met her. I like flirting, but thats it. But with you? It's different." Christian sounded drunk, but he was really serious.

"I want to be part of your life, Reian. If you just let me." 

OMG. What do I say? I don't know what to say. 

"Ah, are you serious?" 

"Yes.. You know, I don't usually do this but I just fell for you."

I don't really know what to say, I want to say sure, but, I really don't know.

We talked for hours, we were both shy at each other until I finally said Yes.

"Okay."

"What do you mean by that?" Trying to make me specifically say that Yes.

"Okay,I'm fine with you, being part of my life." I finally said it.

Then, he smiled and looked at my face.

"you know what? I'm so glad. I am so happy tonight."

We were quiet for a few minutes and then Norman came.

"Guys, lets go home. It's already late."

It's already 1am so we finally decided to go home. While on our way to their village, he held my hand. Now I can really feel that he is already my boyfriend. Christian is already my boyfriend.