Chapter 8: Kyoka Jiro (Part 3)

Izuku woke up uncomfortable, it didn't feel like he was on his bed, and he felt something that was on top of him that wasn't his blanket. Opening his eyes, Izuku found himself in the common room. Apparently, he fell asleep during or after the movie. Looking around the couch he was on, he found a very asleep Kyoka on top of him, surprised that he didn't notice her when he woke up. 

Trying his best to not blush, he gently nudged Kyoka until she woke up. Groaning, she slowly opened her eyes in confusion before realizing there was a red-faced Izuku in front of her, that's strange, he wasn't there when she went to sleep, right?

Right?

Quickly realizing that she was on top of him. Kyoka blushed furiously before hopping up and running to her dorm so fast that people would think she had a speed quirk.

'That could've gone better.' Izuku thought as he got up and went to take a shower. Quickly looking around to make sure no one saw him, once he confirmed that he was in the clear. He made his way to the showers.

But he had been wrong in checking if he was clear of people seeing him. As there was Mina, hiding behind the kitchen counter looking at her phone and giggling at a picture of him and Kyoka asleep on each other.

After he was done taking a shower and getting dressed for the day, Izuku went outside his room and was about to go to the kitchen but he felt a pair of hands grab him. He proceeded to get dragged when he felt the pair of hands let go of him. He turned around to see that he was in Kirishima's room, where all the other boys of 1-A were. 

"Yo, Midoriya! What's up." Kaminari yelled out from the other side of the room.

"Hey Kaminari, what are we all doing here?" Izuku asked.

"We're talking about girls obviously!" Kaminari shouted.

"Yeah Midoriya, who do you have a crush on?" Kirishima asked 

"W-W-Wait what?!" Izuku sputtered.

"I said who do you like, there's no way you don't like someone. I honestly prefer someone like Mina." Kirishima said with a bit of a blush.

"I like my girls busty like Yaoyorozu." Mineta said with a perverted grin. Unbeknownst to the slight heat increase thanks to a certain fire user.

Izuku proceeded to blush as he imagined all the girls of 1-A as everyone was talking about them. He had a crush on Kyoka but he wouldn't tell them that.

Not yet, anyway.

Little did the boys know the girls were also having a similar conversation in Mina's room.

"I think I like Tokoyami-san, ribbit." Tsu replied to Tooru.

"Well...I have a crush on Deku-kun." Ochaco commented.

Kyoka felt a bit upset at this. What she said wasn't a surprise, as everyone in 1-A knew of her crush on the green-haired boy. But she was particularly upset at the fact that she'd have to compete for his affections.

'I don't wanna compete with one of my friends, but I won't give up!'

Later that day, she had finally built up the courage to go and ask Izuku out on a date. She walked into the common room and made her way to where Izuku was. But before she could get to him, he was approached by Ochaco.

"Hey, Deku-kun. Would you like to go to the arcade with me tomorrow?" Ochaco asked hopefully.

"Oh, Sure Uraraka-san." Izuku replied, mostly thinking that they wouldn't be the only ones going to the arcade.

Saddened that she'd lost her chance, Kyoka walked back to her room.

THE NEXT DAY

Izuku was currently getting ready for his outing with Uraraka. He still thought that it would be a group outing. He wore a forest green t-shirt with black cargo shorts and red shoes. Walking into the common room, he spotted Ochaco and walked up to her.

"Hey Uraraka-san. Are you ready to go?" Izuku asked.

"Yeah Deku-kun, let's go."  Ochaco replied.

Going into the arcade, Izuku quickly realized that it would be just the two of them at the arcade when he didn't see any of his classmates there and he also realized that he would be alone with a girl for the first time. 

It was a bit uncomfortable at first. But he got over it and for a while, he actually had fun with Ochaco. He did use to have a crush on Ochaco, and he slowly started to feel the embers of his crush come back for a second, until they played Dance Dance Revolution. They'd danced to a rock song, and it made Izuku think of Kyoka. He thought about her throughout the entire song when he realized it wasn't a small crush anymore, he thought about her often but just didn't know what to think of it. 

After the date, they'd stopped by a small cafe to get something to drink after all that sweating.

"ku" a faint voice said.

Izuku currently was thinking about what his feelings for Kyoka were, that he didn't even notice the voice saying his name.

"eku" The voice said again.

"Deku!" Ochaco said, breaking him out of his stupor.

"Huh? Oh, s-sorry Uraraka-san, I was just thinking about something." Izuku replied sheepishly.

"What were you thinking about?" Ochaco asked.

"U-Um t-that is, I-I was thinking abou-"

"You were thinking about Jiro-san weren't you?" 

Izuku looked shocked when she said that, how had she known? Was he that obvious?

"W-What? N-No I wasn't" Izuku sighed before continuing again.

"Yes I was, I'm sorry." Izuku looked down, ashamed.

"Don't be"

"Huh?"

"I've noticed that you've been looking at her a lot recently, and I saw you guys on the couch together when we were watching movies. Do you like her?" Ochaco asked solemnly.

"I...yeah, I do." Izuku said with a blush.

"I....see." Ochaco looked down, her eyes starting to water.

Izuku felt guilty he was thinking of another girl during their date (albeit he didn't know it was a date when he agreed.)

"Well, the date was fun, thanks for coming with me. You should probably tell Jiro-san how you feel, I'm pretty sure Kaminari likes her. Anyway, we should get going back to the dorms." Ochaco responded whilst wiping away her tears.

The walk back to the dorms was an awkward one, Izuku felt like he had to say something, but he knew it'd only make things worse if he did.

Once he got to his room, he quickly took off his shoes and collapsed on his bed. Why did life have to be so hard? Why was he so oblivious to Ochaco's feelings this whole time. He honestly wished he'd a getaway. 

Little did he know, the universe was about to answer his prayers.

A/N Thanks for reading this chapter, it means a lot that you guys are still reading. I've recently made an Instagram for my fanfiction, it's vacant_thoughts_ig. Please follow me but as usual, If you're on Wattpad please vote and comment, If you're on FFN please review and follow the story. If you're on webnovel stay tuned for the next chapter, Chapter 9: Shiozaki Ibara (Part 3).