Part 1

I woke up in a coughing fit, having trouble breathing. I took my own temperature, waiting a few minutes before the thing beeped.

105.

That definitely wasn't good.

The left side of my chest hurt and I felt like throwing up.

I drank water instead.

At this point, I didn't know which way I preferred to die. Due to them, or due to my sickness.

Mom was probably making me my food by now, to help treat the symptoms, so I just rested again.

I didn't know how to feel about all of this.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I was well enough to move around, but not well enough to be shipped out.  I still had to sleep in the infirmary, and be fed medicinal meals, but I could at least follow through with my plan.

I went outside, into the forest, and started picking around at the ground. I was forced to wear gloves when I was outside the infirmary, so I would be fine.

I already knew that this soil wasn't from here, and the builders probably didn't even check the soil for anything dangerous.

When I found it, I didn't let it touch my skin at all. I walked carefully, back to the house, the sun setting behind me.

I snuck into mom's room, passing by the babies, going straight to her bed. I turned her head, moved her head to the side, and pushed her red hair away from her ear.

I lowered the parasite into her ear, making mom stir a bit. I waited a few seconds before I left her room. I closed the door behind me and headed to the showered, washing the dirt off of me and then I headed to the infirmary where I fell asleep.

The next day, I saw mom rubbing her ear and wincing in pain when the kids got too loud around her.

I waited a week before I continued on the next step.

I was helping teach the smaller kids how to cook.

One of the main meals was pork.

The pork was cut into bit sized pieces, so that you didn't have to cut them before eating them.

That part was crucial to the plan.

I was helping the smaller kid prepare mom's meal, and left her pork a tad but underdone.

We mixed the pork with bitter melon and rice so mom didn't question the taste of everything when she ate the raw pork.

Mom ate the meal I prepared for her with no problems.

My plan was going exactly according to plan.

It was some time during the fall. My birthday had passed, so I was now 13 years old.

Mom was tense around me. I hadn't been shipped out yet, after all.

And I knew all about the farm.

But the thing was . . . I was sick. Suffering from a disease that had yet to be diagnosed. I had gotten it a few days before my shipping, a week before I turned twelve, and when we got to the gate . . .

I caught a glimpse of them.

We didn't even make it inside the brick walls when I collapsed, bending over, coughing non-stop. I tried to breath in, but that just made me cough more.

And soon enough, I coughed up blood.

The monsters from inside the room twitched as my blood splattered on the ground.

I couldn't stop and soon enough, I passed out.

I understood then and there. 

I was saved for the time being, but I needed a proper escape.

And to set out to achieve that, I needed to find people who already knew the secret.

And I needed to find people that won't die.

None of the other kids in my house got perfect scores on their tests, so I needed to find other people to help me out.

I needed to be transferred.

I needed to kill mom.

And three weeks after, her heart stopped beating.

I pretended to mourn with the kids, but I knew that headquarters had already been told of this unforseen event.

Not even a day later, the old mom's body was taken, and was replaced with a new mom.

But she didn't have the skills she needed to properly take care of me.

It was just as I was hoping for.

I was told I was going to be transferred to a new home, with a mom that could help me get better.

They drugged me before the moving, and I was put into a cart with a baby and a sister.

I didn't remember the ride, which was the demon's full intentions, but I did remember them talking about which orphanage I was going to.

My new mom helped me out of the vehicle, holding my hand as I stepped out.

The sister held the baby as we walked the devastatingly long walk towards the new house.

The kids were called to the dining room, where I got to meet everybody.

"Attention!" Mom said to the kids who were looking at the baby. "I want you to meet Carol and Gallia, your newest siblings. And this is sister Krone. She's here to help me with my duties." Krone smiled, and I waved at them.

"I will be living here with you from now on. It's nice to meet you!" She spoke in an almost robotic voice.

"Hello! My name is Gallia, and-" I coughed a few times, my white hair flowing in front of my face. "Sorry about that. I'll be staying here for a little while." I hid my mouth in my hands as I coughed a bit more.

"Another adult?"

"Another enemy . . . but what about" Norman looked at the oblivious Gallia who was walking away from the dining room.

"I don't know." 

Mom led me to the infirmary and I coughed the entire way there. She sat me down on one of the beds and took my temperature. "Oh dear, you have a fever." She showed me the thermometer which said I was 102 degrees.

"I guess my previous treatment didn't work." I said, looking down at my hands. I was thankful that I didn't cough up any blood.

"Try to get some rest while I make you a meal." Isabella said as she put a cold, wet cloth on my forehead, laying my down. I nodded and rested my eyes a bit.

There I was, in plant three.

May as well have a bit of fun, right?