Introduction

"The Spirits are evil! They can't be trusted!" A man yelled as the others in the room cheered.
The man raised a fist, " We can't keep letting the Spirits trick our fellow friends and family into believing them!" 
The sky seemed to roar in anger, but no one noticed. The dark sky was rumbling, it might've been because of the Spirit of Lightning, or it might've been natural (very low chance).
Lightning struck the exact building the anti-spirit men were in, the building was set on fire as the sky turned to a sky blue color, as if nothing ever happened.
In the ashes, a pair of twins, one boy, one girl, cried as the Water Manipulator found them. They were deemed cursed by all because of the incident.

3 Years Later (I'm lazy and why not?)
A boy ran down the streets, a girl following close after. They were apparently 6 this year, and had to get their ability tested. Whispers began when they ran by, it was definitely not positive.
The girl ignored their whispers, while the boy didn't seem affected, oh boy he was. Why did they have to be deemed cursed because they were in the building, he thought.
They were kept in a small city, a city known for having low ability rates, even lower than Alas.
The boy sighed as his sister, dragged him over to a dark alleyway, "Kylo-" The boy paused her, and corrected, "Kai."
The girl huffed, "Kai, do behave, alright?" Kylo bit his tongue to not spit out another comment, "Yea yea Andrea. I should be telling you that! I'm older by 3 seconds!"
Andrea snorted, "I'm more mature than you by eight thousand years!" Kai didn't look at Andrea in the eyes, probably because he knew what she said was right, but still murmured, "Yea right."
As they arrived (mostly because Andrea dragged Kylo), the whispers started again, only to be silenced by the kind looking old man, "Welcome young ones, if you have an ability, you will be the hope of the city!" He declared as the children cheered...all except Kylo and Andrea.
    "Whatever, can we just get this over with, you old ma-" Andrea pinched Kylo, and Kylo shut himself up.
    As the other children were called, none had abilities, the old man sighed knowingly, no one was going to have abilities again this year. He took a deep breath, "Andrea, please step forward."
    Andrea stepped forward, as the man worked his magic, fire started to spread around the room, the man's eyes were filled with joy, "Fire! Fire manipulation!" Looks of despise and jealousy shot at Andrea, whispers started,"Oh look, the cursed one."
    "Kylo, step up." The old man didn't forget how rude Kylo was, and grudgingly started his magic, nothing happened at first, as the old man was about to stop, small streaks of lightning, then a huge bolt of lightning struck the room.
    "Lightning Manipulation! You will both go far in life." The old man declared as a bunch of soldiers loaded in, "Hand them over. Element Manipulation is our specialty."
    The General of the soldiers, smirked as skeletons rose, the people without powers ran out of the building, and no one stopped them.
    "Necromancy, a nice power eh?" He asked as he pushed the old man down, amusement dancing in his eyes, saying, "You won't mind, would you? If it wasn't for friendship between the two cities, you'd already be dead."
    The old man shook his head, stumbling as he got up, "Friendship? You've stole countless-"
    "Cut that right there." A skeleton held the old man in place, "Alas takes the weaker types of you. Fortis takes the alright powers, and we," He laughed, "We take only the most powerful, we can provide them with more!"
    The old man grunted, "I will never hand the hope of Lakemore to you!" The old man crumbled into dust as Kai disappeared. The General's eyes were filled with rage, "YOU! YOU! Take the girl. I'll look for the boy myself."