Rematch of the Year

About 5 years ago, Philip the Boxcab first arrived on Sodor. One of the biggest things that happened on his first day was Philip challenging Gordon to a race while Gordon was resting. Gordon clearly wasn't interested one bit, so he sarcastically said go, and then Philip started to go thinking Gordon was serious. Gordon was shocked to see him leave, but glad he left him alone.

But Philip thought he was racing with Gordon. And when he arrived at the docks where the finish was, he thought he won. And so for the past 5 years, Philip always at times boasts and reminds his friends and Gordon himself about his win. But everyone would keep saying back to Philip that the race wasn't real, but Philip was always objective and said it was real. It has annoyed everyone all these years.

Well today, it turns out Sodor is about to get its epic "rematch" between the two.

Today, Gordon was at Knapford and was resting in the exact same spot where Philip challenged him 5 years ago.

Gordon was napping and just hoping no one would wake him, well, his wish wasn't granted.

" Hi Gordon! " - Philip

Gordon's left eye shot open and he immediately groaned as he so often does after hearing that voice. Philip stopped right next to him.

" This looks pretty familiar doesn't it? " - Philip

Gordon just continued to groan as he didn't want to hear. But Philip felt the need to remind him.

" This is where we had our......." - Philip

Before he could finish, Gordon finally stepped in.

" Philip! I don't want to hear anymore about that! " - Gordon

" Why not? " - Philip

It's been 5 years and......" - Gordon

Before he could finish, something came to his mind.

" We haven't raced since. " - Gordon

Philip looked at him strangely.

" What do you mean? " - Philip

" I mean you and me never had a chance to race again. " - Gordon

Gordon was thinking that if he raced Philip again, and he was also very very very sure he would beat him, and after he beats him, Philip will finally stop talking about the dang race.

" Are you challenging me to a rematch? " - Philip

" Are you challenging me? " - Gordon

" Oh yes! " - Philip

" Perfect. " - Gordon

" Where should we go? " - Philip

Gordon was thinking, although he believed he would beat Philip anywhere he decides to pick. He got his destination

" First one to Vicarstown Bridge wins! " - Gordon

Philip was surprised as the bridge was pretty far from here, but he was ready.

" Alright! " - Philip

He was ready to take off when Percy and Thomas appeared behind him.

" What's going on here Philip? " - Percy

" Me and Gordon are gonna have another race! " - Philip

Percy and Thomas were shocked and then looked right at Gordon, thinking he wasn't going to race like before.

" That's right! It's our epic rematch. " - Gordon

" You mean you......." - Thomas

" That's right again! Philip really did great beating me the first time, so I think it's time we see who the true winner is. " - Gordon