1. Between You And Me

Davina's POV:

That night everything seemed so peaceful. It was a lovely and beautiful night. But who knew it would turn into a tragic event?

I guess, those unexpected events happen to change our life drastically right? Who knew, who knew...

Me and my family were driving back to New Orleans when we had the car accident. Everything happened so fast, that I could barely realise and feel the impact.

I got out of the car and tried to stand up but my feet weren't able to bare my weight, so I ended up collapsing on the road. I tried to focus on my surroundings, anything that could help me to figure out what the hell had just happened. Eventually, I noticed the big wound on my knee, blood dripping down my skin. Not only that but the terrible headache that abruptly shot me almost sent me unconscious.

Slowly but steady, I managed to crawl near the crashed car and looked inside. I gasped at the horrendous sight in front of me, tears filling my glassy eyes .I saw my awfully wounded brother, smashed and covered in blood between the driver's seat and his. My parents had pieces of glasses stabbed in their flesh, their eyes staring blankly at the car's roof. No. This wasn't happening.. No. This isn't real. The hot tears managed to escape my eyes, rolling down my full with bruises cheeks. It took me a while to wipe my tears away and find my balance.

I took a quick glance at the other car, only to see the limp body of the other driver, him still sitting in his seat.

My shaky legs made only a few steps away from the two cars, only to betray me and give in. Once again I found myself on the ground, my fast breath the only sound which could be heard in the dead of the night. The horrifying image of my dead family popped in my head again, forcing me to release some loud sobs. How? How could I be the only one alive? I did not want to!

This..this was so unfair..

More tears escaped from my eyes, my vision becoming blurry. Dad.. mom.. Brother.. Why.. Just why.

I sniffed a little bit more the next few minutes and, when my eyes finally became dry from all the crying, I tried to catch my breath staring blankly at the end of the road. No. No Davina. This us not what they would want. They wouldn't want you to cry your eyes out like a pathetic girl. Be strong. Someone will come for help.

Someone.

Help.

Kol's POV:

I was on my way to New Orleans,when I heard the loud thud and notice the car accident that took place in front of me. Dead bodies, humans, blood... Oh that was the perfect dinner.

I stopped my car and slipped out of my seat. My eyes landed on the two cars smashed and completely wrecked, some dead people trapped in them. Everyone is dead? Oh no, I was pretty sure I could hear a faint heartbeat somewhere near by--

I smirked. Just a few meters away, a young girl was struggling to live, crawling on the ground and begging for someone to help her. I approached her weak body and looked at her. She was a pretty girl. Her breath was faster than her heartbeat, desperately trying to keep the body alive. She was so determined to live, huh?