So, I did a thing. 

I decided to show up to work, when I really didn't have to, looking like a whole meal because I knew that homeboy was going to be at work. 

He was already standing outside when I showed up. 

"What are you so dressed up for?" He smiled. 

"I decided to look like an actual girl rather than a tomboy today." I shrugged making my way past him and towards the door. 

"Well it's good to see you!"

I hesitated and replied shakily, "Yeah, you too."

I made my way through the hall and settled in an empty room. He texted me asking if I had an actual class today. Crap... Hopefully it doesn't sound too suspicious. I said that I just came in to work somewhere other than home. 

I worked for a half hour before decided to go into the other room and walkthrough equipment procedures. I made sure to let the door slam shut so he could tell that I switched rooms.

Crazy, I know. 

A while later I heard the jingle of keys.

"See, I told you she locked the door to keep me out." Homeboy said to another employee. 

"What did you say?" I laughed and looked up from my laptop. 

"I told him that you locked the door to keep me from coming in." He laughed.

"Oh yeah, exactly that." I smirked. 

He stuck his tongue out at me before letting the door close. 

It was starting to get late and I heard the music stop out front. After packing up, I shut down the room and made my way to the front room. I walked over to where he was shutting down equipment and the rest of the crew walked towards us. He was in a conversation with our coworker and I perked up after hearing my name. 

"Well invite me and ---- next time!" He laughed and glanced in my direction. 

Wait, what're they talking about.

"Yeah, ok, if you want to just third wheel with me and my girlfriend then fine." 

Homeboy laughed and said, "Like I said, invite us!"

I looked over to the students with confusion.

"What does that mean?" I mouthed to them. 

One of the students spoke up, "I love how ---- has no choice in this?"

I laughed and waved bye to the students as they made their way out of the building. Grabbing my stuff I headed for the employee's exit door and said bye to the boys. 

I turned around and heard homeboy scoff and then say something towards me.

"What did you say?" I asked and walked in his direction. 

"Well, I'm just hitting the lights and thought we would walking out together." He shouted at me.

"Oh, okay, I'll wait then." I looked over at our coworker and said a thought out loud.

"What made us become so rude towards each other anyway, like why did this start..." I looked and saw our coworker doubled over in laughter.

"What's so funny, you talking shit?" Homeboy commented as he reached where we were standing.

"I was just thinking out loud." I laughed. 

We all made our way outside and towards the parking lot. Homeboy began telling our coworker about how he is trying to get me angry so that he can hear my accent. Coworker recommended that he key my car.

I whipped my head around so fast and pointed at homeboy, "I swear to God, if you touch my car, it'll be your funeral."

Our coworker doubled over again and was disappointed that no accent came out.

"Would you come to my funeral then?" Homeboy asked.

"I'll sing for you."

"Ooh, okay great." He smiled.

We all made our way to our cars and homeboy asked me what I was doing tonight.

"I -- I don't know, what am I doing tonight?" I smirked, hoping it would make him tell me that we'd be doing something together. 

I was wrong. 

"Well I don't know," He waved to our coworker, "what're you doing tonight?!"

I rolled my eyes and threw my bag in the backseat. 

It was hot as balls and I rolled all the windows down. I noticed homeboy waving wildly from my passenger seat window. 

"Is that how you say goodbye now?" I giggled.

He smiled cheesily, "Yes, yes it is."

With that, he pulled out of the parking lot behind our coworker.

I arrived home and waited to change out of the cute clothes in hopes that homeboy would message me to do something.

Two and a half hours later, I realized that I wasn't going to get a text. 

Unfortunately, nothing happened at all over the weekend. 

So, until next time...