Chapter 4: A Big Suprise Plus Two

Hi! I hoped you liked this chapter. I'm working my very best to try to get the next chapters in so please keep on reading and fan me! :) 

SUMMER:

Oh my god!

It's the guy I saw at the market place! I didn't notice him at first, but then I saw his silver eyes and it all came back to me. I started to blush again. I wonder what he thought of me.

I saw him carrying Anna. I was so suprised. No one can carry Anna except the family. She is way too shy and she hates strangers. This guy must be some sort of angel to make Anna like him this fast.

He started to smile. " Nice to see you again." he said with his smooth voice.

I didn't say anything. Amelia looked at me and then at him. " Excuse me", began Amelia, "Did you see this girl anywhere before? It seems like you know her." Amelia looked a bit thunderstruck. I have never seen her look like that. It was priceless.

"Yeah.", he replied. "I saw her while I was taking a walk around town this afternoon." He smiled at me again.

Amelia stuttered. "Wi- will you ex-excuse us for a second pl-please?" She only does that when she's mad and trying to be nice at the same time.

Uh-oh! I'm going to get it now, I thought.

She pulled me into the kitchen while William, Anna's dad, kept them company.  So, that guy's name is Kyle, huh?

"So that's why you were late coming back home today? How did you meet this boy?",  Amelia whispered angrily.

I started to get shy all of the sudden. Why was shy now? " I bumped into him and he helped me when the grocery bag fell on the floor." I mumbled.

"Well, whatever happened, try not to embarrass us today. This family is one of the richest families in the world and one of our biggest clients. Come on now. If we don't hurry, they might worry or wonder about what we are talking about."

I couldn't believe it. Amelia didn't even punish me. That made me kind of happy. Usually, if I had interacted with someone out of school, she thinks I tell them about some of the family's secrets or stuff like that. Can you believe her?

Everyone was in the living room talking about politics and economics. Kyle would talk sometimes and straight away, would play with Anna. They looked like they were really having fun being together.  When I came out of the kitchen, Kyle smiled at me. I started to blush again. Dammit! What is wrong with my face?

Anna spoke up after that. " Mommy, daddy, can I show Kyle my room with Summer?"

Amelia and William looked at each other then at Anna. William started, "Sorry princess. We have guests right now and we are discussing something with Kyle so..."

Mr. and Mrs. Hunter seemed really nice. They said that they were fine with it and would explain everything to Kyle afterwards. Anna started jumping with excitement. "Yay!!"

She held Kyle's hand and guided him through the stairs. I followed them. We came into Anna's room. Almost everything there was pink. The walls were pink, her bed, all her furniture, just everything. When I first came into Anna's room, I was shocked and almost blinded by all of it. Kyle looked kind of shocked too. "Whoa, Anna, you're such a princess", he said with a smile.

Anna just played around with her stuff and forgot about us. He then looked at me. "Hi. I'm sorry. I didn't officialy introduce myself. I'm Kyle Hunter." He held his hand out.

I stared at the hand and reached out to shake it. "Summer Woods." 

He smiled. "I wanted to see you again. You were so nice to me that other time."

Wait, he thought I was nice? For the whole day, I was thinking that he thought I was a jerk, a mean geek. "But I was being really rude to you. I wasn't nice. How could you think that?"

 "Like I thought, you are really shy. You tried to be nice but you are just bad with strangers. You are really a nice person at heart." He smiled.

Did he just read my mind? "How did you know that? Are you some sort of alien or mind reader?", I mumbled.

Kyle laughed. "Maybe." We both started to laugh and Anna came to laugh too.

We had dinner all together and it was quite pleasant. I sat on Kyle's right while Anna sat on his left. Amelia and William talked to Kyle to make sure he was paying attention to all the stuff they were talking about a couple of times. He was talking to me and Anna a lot that they thought maybe he wasn't listening. Boy did he prove them wrong! He started talking like he never left the conversation. I was actually considering if he was an alien.

After dinner, the Hunters had to leave. To tell the truth, I was kind of dissapointed. I actually had fun which is something I never thought I would have when the Woods have guests.

Kyle looked somewhat sad too. Anna fell asleep and he was still carrying. "Sorry about Anna", I said. "She gets tired really easily." I smiled.  "No, it's seriously ok. I love Anna." He looked at her with such loving eyes. It suprised me how quickly he got to know and feel for her.

"Maybe next time, you can come to my house and we can have dinner there.", he said genuinely.

I blushed. I didn't know what I would say. What would his parents say if he brought me over? Am I an inconvienience?

"Just say whatever you want, Summer. I won't judge you. You are a human being. We're all equal.",  Kyle said. I focused on what he said but the first thought that came to me was that was the first time he said my name. It sounded so angelic and relaxful when he said. I stopped thinking just in case he really could read my mind.

"I would really like that." I said at last.

He laughed. Oh, it sounded so good, so at peace. I wish I could listen to him all day. 

"I hoped you would." As before, he pulled a stray piece of hair out of my face. I blushed. I've always hated it coming in the way of my face. But this time, I was kind of grateful. If it wasn't for that little piece of red hair sticking out, he wouldn't touch me at all.

Then shouting interrupted my thoughts.

"Kyle! We're leaving now!" Mr. and Mrs. Hunter came in, smiling. "Did you say goodbye yet? Well, we'll be waiting in the car. Bye Summer!" They are really nice people, this family.

"Coming!" Kyle whispered back, trying not to wake up Anna. He settled her onto her bed and kissed her on the cheek goodnight.

He then turned towards me. He patted my head. I caught another glimpse of his silver eyes. 

"Bye Kyle." I said, showing that I was kind of dissapointed.

"Goodbye for now, Summer. I'll see you later. For now, take care, strong warrior." 

As he left through Anna's door,  he reached for my hand and kissed it like a knight.

I was wonderstruck. His silver eyes sparkeled as he left me in Anna's room. I was standing there, my hand still in the air. I started to become the color of Anna's wall.

Giddy, happy pink.