the night we met

crunch.

"who's there?" george called into the night, stood frozen with his hand outstretched and gripping the car door handle. he squinted, trying to get a better look at whatever made the sound. a few moments passed, and george decided the silence was enough to prove his mind was playing tricks on him.

he looked around, his car one of the only three left in the lot. it was nearing two o'clock in the morning, a quite unusual time to see other cars. he had closed up the coffee shop just minutes ago, and to his knowledge, there was no other shop in the shopping center open at the time. he shrugged, it was probably just a couple people who lived in their cars.

george felt sorry for them, it must be horrible not having a place to return to when you get off work. he tried to imagine himself living in his old, beat up car and cringed at the thought.

a sudden cough interrupted his train of thought. he snapped his head around, startled to see a man standing behind him. the man's stance was threatening, yet awkward. he looked tired, like he'd just ran a mile.

george didn't know what to do. should he run? no, i he was already halfway into his car, just about to sit down. george froze once again.

the man chuckled, what about this situation was amusing?

george was terrified.

"what's a young guy like you doing out here at this hour? alone?" the man spoke, his voice was both raspy and shaky, yet managed to make george's stomach erupt in butterflies. he's always been a sucker for attractive voices. but right now? seriously? it was completely inappropriate.

george opened his mouth to respond, but nothing came out. instead he just stood there, hand gripping the top of the car door, speechless. was he about to be kidnapped?

"pleasedonthurtme," the words came out all at once, jumbled and small. the man could barely understand what he had said.

"why would i?" he grinned as he stepped into the dim light of the street lamp. "you haven't given me a reason to."

feeling only slightly safer, george took the opportunity to look the stranger up and down. he had messy, wet blond hair, and was wearing a dark grey hoodie with black jeans.

remember this george, you'll need it if you get kidnapped so the police can find him.

his mind was running a mile a minute, and he almost took a step towards the stranger before he realized what he was doing. he gulped, slowly inching bacn towards his car. the man kept his distance, but still took a few small steps forward. george panicked and dove into his car, slamming the door shut and locking it. he fumbled with his keys, nearly dropping them when a sudden knock on his window rang through the car.

george looked up at the man, who was sporting a crooked smile. he only just now noticed the man was covered in something. what it was, he didn't know. he could only assume it was mud or water, but as he watched the stranger wave while backing up towards one of the other two cars in the lot he couldn't help but realize it was blood. he was covered in blood.

"what the fuck," he breathed, double checking the doors were locked as he finally jammed the keys in the ignition, starting his car. he turned his headlights on and watched the man get into one of the cars and drive off, leaving george to sit in his car with his head in his hands and contemplate what the actual fuck just happened. and what could've happened.

looking up, his gaze fell on the only other car in the lot. if the other car belonged to the man, and he was covered in blood...

george put two and two together. he picked up his phone, dialing a rather familiar three digit number.

"911, what is your emergency?"