Chapter 13: Falling Out

About a month has passed since Olivia moved into the beautiful home known infamously, and fittingly 'Murder House'. She has not pushed her presence onto her spectral housemates, she had plenty to keep herself busy. All of her new furniture had been assembled by Liz, Thomas and herself.

Thomas kept to himself, never really leaving her room as he was nervous about the other ghosts in the house. He was aware that the others knew he was there. And that he wasn't from this house. Thankfully, Olivia wore his soulbound watch whenever she went out, allowing him to follow her and not be cooped up in those uncertain surroundings. Even if he stayed invisible, he was near a friend and he was fine with that.

Olivia was sitting in the kitchen, enjoying a cup of honey tea and expecting a friend to be by any moment. She smiled to the red haired older woman who was partaking in the tea with her, the maid named Moira. Olivia knew she was a ghost, one that was younger in appearance than what her current form showed. She also knew how this poor woman died. But, Moira approached her saying that her position of maid comes with the house. Olivia couldn't turn her down and wanted to get on the ghosts' good sides. They were all to be sharing the house after all.

There was a knock at the front door and Moira set her hand on Olivia's arm, stopping the young woman from standing. "Don't worry yourself, miss. I'll answer that." She said before getting up and leaving the kitchen to answer the door. She returned with Elizabeth following close behind. "I shall leave you with your guest, Ms. Masters." Moira left, leaving herself invisible to the other two women and stayed within earshot.

"Welcome Elizabeth! Isn't my home beautiful?" Olivia asked as the vampire sat herself across from her, an ecstatic smile on her face. "Want some tea? It's fresh."

"I will take some tea, thank you Olivia. I can't believe this is the house you've been dreaming of." Elizabeth mentioned, looking around the kitchen and remembering the time she spent here so long ago.

"Is something wrong?" Olivia asked curiously as she poured tea into a cup for her friend and set it in front of her.

"Nothing, I've been here before. When the original owners lived here. But, that's not what we are discussing." Elizabeth took a sip after mixing in some sugar. "James has grown rather impatient waiting for your ghost to appear. It's entertaining I must say. But, I think we should start delivering the final blow so you can be free of that man once and for all."

A few ghosts, including Tate joined Moira in loitering near the kitchen curious as to what was being said. "You're right. But, now the fun part begins! I do have a pretty good idea on how everything is gonna play out. I'll show up to his suite, overjoyed at being reunited with him and tell him that I will put on a special show tonight. You cancel the dinner you two had planned tonight and I'll go up after the show and lay into him, ending our relationship for good." She explained with a deceptive and overly sweet smile on her face.

Elizabeth quirked an eyebrow and smiled. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. I am impressed. I cannot wait to see your performance tonight, Songbird of the Cortez."

As Olivia got ready and packed a dress with the makeup needed for her show tonight, the two women that were watching over Olivia sat in the new living room, the space feeling warm and inviting with dark Autumn colors. The two sat on the plush plum L shaped sofa in front of a large fifty inch flatscreen television, the older woman holding a swaddled and snoozing baby. "She looks like a normal 20 something girl. Flashy but normal."

"But she's definitely hiding a lot, mom. Like, she feels a lot like Tate does." The teenage ghost rested her head on her mother's shoulder, watching her little brother Jeffrey sleeping soundly.