Free

The days drag out desolate and cold as always, but nothing about Baekhyun's life is dismal than it usually is because of Chanyeol's presence within the palace. He is everywhere – greeting him the moment he rises, accompanying him for meals, fussing over him as they make their way around the palace just talking about everything and preoccupying him with anything that he could. The lively atmosphere is more evident now also because the mortal has become chummy with the Halleyians.

"Chanyeol can be aggressive, I can see," Jongdae snickers when he catches Chanyeol and Baekhyun hanging around the fountain in the middle of the garden, the mortal's arm resting over Baekhyun's shoulders which he retracts upon getting caught.

"I hope we aren't ruining anything," Minseok says.

"You aren't, but he is," Baekhyun grumbles as he stares pointedly at Jongdae, quickly missing Chanyeol's touch already. "What are you people still doing here? Shouldn't you be back at the Halleyian Kingdom by now?"

"We have decided to stay because we want to be witness to you and Chanyeol's little- ow!" Jongdae cries out when the Halleyian King pinches his ear.

"We are fond of Chanyeol, we want to be here for longer," Minseok quickly says. "But since you guys are apparently busy, we shall take our leave!"

"Now it's okay," the mortal says. "Do please stay if you want to-"

"Okay, please go," Baekhyun says, waving a hand. "You are just disturbing us."

"You want Chanyeol all for yourself, so selfish," Jongdae mockingly says. He reaches out and takes Minseok's hand, saying, "Let's go, honey. Let's leave the two virgins alone for now, they are new at this thing."

Chanyeol blossoms a cherry red, and Baekhyun angrily stalks after Jongdae, managing to punch him in gut before he and Minseok leave.

"They are so annoying," Baekhyun grumbles as he walks back to Chanyeol. "Mortal, quick. Put your arm back on my shoulders."

Chanyeol does as he is told like the good servant that he is.

"I was wondering..."

The taller looks down at the emperor.

"What is it?"

"Do you have any idea what the Sun looks like?"

The mortal hums as he shakes his head.

"No... I know nothing about the Sun. All the scriptures about him are gone after the cease of his rule across the sky."

"But for you, what do you think does he look like?"

"Beautiful, maybe."

The emperor unknowingly feels a smug smile cross his lips.

"Oh really?"

"Yes," Chanyeol nods, his raven hair flopping at the moment. "Maybe tall too, bulky and ferocious."

"What?" Baekhyun scoffs, pulling away from the mortal. "Just because he's a big light disk across the sky, you think he's big too?"

Chanyeol shrugs. "I don't honestly know, but that's the image my brain conjures up."

Baekhyun breathes, calming himself down because he is feeling offended for no reason.

"Okay, whatever," he says, waving a hand. "Next question. What will you do if you never see the Sun?"

"Is choosing to stay here an option?"

Baekhyun chuckles. "Why do you want to stay here?"

"To be with you?"

The emperor moves away from Chanyeol and stands in front of him. He reaches up, cupping his cheek affectionately.