CHAPTER 5

Odd. Kalego thought, it was strange that his daugther hadn't woken up yet since irumi is an early riser, luckly he doesn't have work today because it's sunday but still he finds it odd since it's already 10:30 in the morning.

I guess i should go and see what's going on. He thinks, setting down his coffee. He walks back to his room and knocked.

"Pup? You awake? You'll miss breakfast" he said but no response. "Irumi?"

The demon asked again trying not to voice out his worry, he opens the door only to find no one in bed.

Hmmm.....Odd, where could she b-

Then it clicked, the bathroom door is sligthly opened,
"Irumi!" For the first time Kalego yelled worriedly when he heard the toilet flushed.

"Da.....dy?" Irumi's voice called out, sounding so hoarse, the elder rushed into the bathroom to see his daugther covered with sweat, panting harshly due to throwing up into the toilet. Worse she's in the verse of collapsing.

She looks so terrible. The demon thought. This is Kalego's first  encounter of irumi being so ill. Something deep inside Kalego feels like gonna burst, his heart is thumping so loud. 

"Im tugging you back to bed," the elder slowly placed irumi in bed covering her with the thick blankets. Kalego softly placed his hand on irumi, whincing when he realized she's burning up.  He clicks his tongue, unsure of what will he do next.

What the heck am i doing?! He scolded himself. Right! Shichirou, i hope he's free today. I should contact him.

Kalego called Balam, Irumi's god father. It took 3 rings for him to answer the call.

" you have a minute? It's about Irumi."

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●♤

"Don't worry kalego-kun, it's not really as bad as it looks,"  balam said."it's mostly likely just a flu"

"But how do I get the fever down?" Kalego asked." I can't even get her to keep a thermometer under her tongue, much less swallow the medicine."

"Don't worry about that," he replied.
"Fever is the body's way of fighting infection. Since she's an anomaly, it looks more worse than the normal infection to us demons but it's treatable. Just keep her cool and hydrated. Take her temperature every couple of hours, and call me back if it gets higher than a hundred and three."

"Which gets back to the 'can't keep a thermometer in her mouth' issue," kalego replied.

"You'll have to do it the old- fashioned way," balam said." By which i mean rectally."

"Oh," kalego replied. "Thank you."

Kalego hangs up. He immedietly brought the thermometer and a jar of vaseline he reserves for his callouses to their room.  Kalego then lubed up the thermometer and put it on her dresser, with the lubed end hanging over the edge.

Irumi made a faint moan of protest when he rolled her over onto her stomach. But she didn't utter any further complaint when he pulled up the hem of her pajamas and pushed her blue undies down, even when he picked the thermometer with one hand and used the other to spread her little bottom-cheeks apart, exposing her daugther's little pink anus. He then put the lubricated glass tube inside.

She moaned.  His daugther moaned a feebled cry of pain, Kalego slightly halterd but continued anyways. He waited a minute, stroking her hair to comfort her, then slowly withdrew the thermometer recieving another feeble cry.  Kalego continued to soothe his daugther by patting her head slowly while reading the thermometer at the same time.