Chapter 1.

*Giavana's POV*

"Giavana! You'll be late for school! Hurry up!" I heard my mom shout from downstairs.

I quickly got up and realised I wasn't in New Jersey anymore. I didn't have to share a room with my little brother George anymore. I was in North Carolina.

We had moved 3 weeks ago and it was the last week of school before 'Summer Break'. I was only starting school today!

I got up and ran past all of the empty moving boxes into my closet and picked out and outfit. I picked my black Fall Out Boy tee with my denim shorts and my black Vans. I put on some light makeup and ran my hand through my hair. I was ready.

I ran down the stairs grabbing my bag as I went. Then I grabbed about 3 grapes and ran out the door.

As you can tell, I'm not a morning person.

I started running as fast as I could then I realised. School starts at 9:00AM. It was 8:10AM. I decided to stop by Walmart and pick up some gum because I NEED gum at school.

I went up to the checkout and gave the guy 2 dollars.

"Here's your change ma'am." He said.

I replied back, I was too busy checking my messages.

"Excuse me?" He said looking confused,"I don't speak Italian." He said.

I realised I must of said thank you in Italian!

"Sorry about that! Bye!" I said getting my change and heading out of the store.

My Mama was always getting me to speak in Italian for her. It "improved my vocabulary." Whatever that means!

When I reached the school loads of boys whistled at me. I just glared at them. Some girls might like the attention but I hated it. I don't mind a boyfriend who's kind and nice and likes me for me but I hate the way some boys look at me.

It's disgusting!

When I reached the secretary's office I
She asked for my name.

"Giavana Maria Cappochi." I said.

"And what age are you, sweetie?" She asked.

"I'm thirteen." I replied.

"Ok, honey your classes are all on floor 1 except for Math, that's on floor 2. Good luck!" She said.

"Thank you!" I said gratefully.

I was about to head out the door when I realised I had no idea where I was going!

"Umm could you show me where to go?" I asked her handing nee my schedule.

"Second door on your left, science, Mr Edwards class." She said handing me back my schedule.

"Thanks!" I said as I head out the door. And honestly, it wasn't that hard to find at all. I found it on my first try.

I told the teacher I was new and he introduced me to the class.

"You'll be partnerd with Hayes, Giavana." Me Edwards said.

I walked down to my seat beside a guy called Hayes.

When the class begun Hayes whispers to me.

"Hi, I'm Hayes." He said.

" I'm Giavana but my friends call me Gia." I say.

"Nice to meet you, Gia." He says and hands me a piece of paper.

"What's this?" I say.

"It's my phone number. I thought I might show you around town after school? Just text me when." He said.

"Ok, I will." I say slipping the piece of paper in my pocket.