ʜᴀᴡᴋꜱ/ᴋᴇɪɢᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴀᴍɪ || 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕤𝕖𝕟 𝕦𝕡

"ɪɴ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴏᴜʀꜱ, ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴘᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴍᴜꜱᴛ ʟɪᴠᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ʜᴀᴡᴋ ɪꜰ ʜᴇ ɪꜱ ᴛᴏ ꜰʟʏ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ

"ɪɴ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴏᴜʀꜱ, ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴘᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴍᴜꜱᴛ ʟɪᴠᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ʜᴀᴡᴋ ɪꜰ ʜᴇ ɪꜱ ᴛᴏ ꜰʟʏ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ." 
- ʜᴀᴡᴋꜱ

 ♡••••••••••ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ••••••••••♡

You decided to take a breather (for once) on the roof of your hero agency building.

Why did everything have to go wrong at once?? You asked yourself.

You began pacing and toying with the hem of your blazer, trying to dream up a solution to at least one of the apparent issues. Ever since you became the head of your own hero agency, you adapted a very organized and efficient way of running things. If something ever went wrong, it would disturb your entire peace of mind. That's why when you were assigned to collaborate with a certain winged hero, things weren't as copacetic as you'd hoped. Hawks' methods were quite...roundabout, for lack of a better word. He never seemed to take things seriously, which didn't agree with your agency's philosophy, which was to always strive for excellence. He seemed perfectly content in the lower ranks if it meant he got to kick back and relax.

You decided to calm down for a bit, leaning against the railing to watch the sunset, when you were inevitably disturbed by a pair of bright red wings, flapping in front of you, causing your hair to fly in all directions. You tried to no avail to brush it back into place as Hawks perched himself on the railing.

"What's up (Y/N)? You done bein' a stick in the mud?" He asked with a teasing grin.

"No! I'm trying to figure out how to solve the countless problems caused by you and YOUR subordinates!" you exclaimed, pointing an accusing finger in his direction.

"Lighten up, my guys were just havin' some fun with your office chair, that's all,"

You sighed and turned away from him, rubbing your temples. You couldn't believe this guy.

"Relax, I'm sure if we all work together this'll figure itself out," Hawks replied, flying off the railing and landing in front of you.

"That's the problem, Hawks, I don't know if I can work together anymore," you replied calmly, realizing how ineffective your scolding was.

You made your way to the stairs. Hawks, reading the room, didn't follow you.

"Loosen up girl! You don't want worry-warts on that pretty face!" He called to you before you closed the door behind you. Your back was to him but you knew he had that same stupid grin on his face.

As you walked down the stairs, you pondered over the exchange that just occurred, rolling your eyes at Hawks' last comment. As aggravating as it was to work with him, you couldn't but find his upbeat attitude quite refreshing. Being a pro-hero, you were always surrounded by competition, but around Hawks it didn't seem like a constant vie. Who knows? Maybe you did need to learn to chill sometimes.
_________________________________________