summer

Day 20: Summer

Katsuki and Eijirou plan on having a small barbecue together. Chaos ensues.

---------------

    "Katsuki, come on, you slowpoke!"

Bakugou and Kirishima had decided to use the warm weather to their advantage, using this as a chance to have a small barbecue to themselves.

"Coming, coming."

They were just doing it in their backyard, planning on doing some American cuisine. Hamburgers, hotdogs, maybe even homemade potato salad, as they saw it online and were now very intrigued. Eijirou also found some sticks in the backyard and set them up for Katsuki to light up, praying his quirk wouldn't send the sticks flying and leave a hole in the grass. He wanted to try s'mores, seeing them as easy to make.

Katsuki was at the grill at the moment, wearing a gag gift apron that had been gifted by Denki a few years back. 'Kiss The Gremlin That Shouldn't Be Using A Stove". That was an inappropriate title, especially from someone who couldn't be trusted that one time he made cereal.

Eijirou was standing next to him, opening up the packages of meat and just using this chance the enjoy the outdoors. The couple went hiking pretty often, it being a hobby they both enjoyed. But just alone, using a chance to see the miscellaneous patterns drawn out in the sky.

It was peaceful. Even with the fire starting on the grill and Katsuki's sleeve swallowed by the heat, it was calm.

Wait.

He swung his head around to see his boyfriend trying to blow on his sleeve, to douse the fire. Eijirou shuffles around scanning time try and get ideas.

His eyes met the drinks they put out, being a Diet Coke and a margarita, because "Fuck you, I need this". He rushed over to the drinks, trying to figure out which one to use. The coke would've stained his shirt more, but Katsuki would get mad if he wasted the alcoholic drink.

He quickly grabbed the soda, quickly walking over to Bakugou and pouting the can out. There were small pebbles of ash littering the grass, and Katsuki's sleeve was now doused of the fire, but covered in the diet coke and blackened.

They both took a deep breath, letting what just happened wash over them. The burgers were slightly burnt, the hotdogs seemingly a black.

Kirishima looked at his boyfriend. His mouth was agape, still confused over what happened. His expression made Kirishima unintentionally laugh, having Bakugou glare at him.

"You think this is fucking funny?"

"No, but your expression is. You're like," He did a face with his mouth opened wide and his eyes staring out "couldn't help but laugh."

"You want your burger to be a pile of fucking ash that I shove down your throat?"

"Sorry man, kinda have an allergy to anything that isn't edible."

He growled. "You think you're funny, bastard?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty hilarious in my opinion."

Bakugou glared at him again, a smile playing with his lips. "Yeah, bet you would think that."

They both glared at smiled at each other. Just because they were dating, doesn't mean they lost their competitiveness.

"Oh, you're fucking on."

"After dinner. I'm starving and you can't beat my ass on an empty stomach!"

"Yeah? Well, just wait until after."

"I will be.." he said, more so focusing on lifting the aluminum foil off the potato salad hey had made earlier in the day. He grabbed a paper plate and scooped some using a spoon, plopping it down. He did the same process with another plate, then putting them on the table.

"Eat up!"

Kirishima playfully pulled Bakugou's sets out for him, Bakugou ignoring the gesture and hunching over and putting some on a plastic fork. Kirishima laughed at his boyfriend's hasty action as he pulled out his own chair.

By the time he grabbed his own utensil, Katsuki has dug in. "S' it good?" Kirishima asked as his boyfriend shoveled some into his mouth. "Yeah, it's okay."

"Well that's good. That dill was expensive."

"It really wasn't."

"Shut up, you don't know the pain. I grew really attached to that dollar I had to give up, it's been in my wallet for the past year."

"You're an idiot."

"You know it."