Chapter 8

He didn't think it was funny.

Not at all, especially when Lu Han was giving him a dirty look and a tight fist. Se Hun was singing to the playlist on his computer and Baek Hyun had joined him. It was Example with Queen of Your Dreams playing since it was Baek Hyun who had requested the song and Se Hun liked singing. The white wispy smoke from Baek Hyun's cigarette filled the room on that Tuesday.

He had promised Kyung Soo that he would be at the man's place around 8p.m and it was only seven. It was surprising that Lu Han was back early from work and Baek Hyun was on leave. His sniffles and runny nose were annoying and he had lain on Se Hun's bed the whole day, quoting that the doctor ordered him to "Rest well.". Jong In was laying next to the sick man and Lu Han was on the floor next to Se Hun's office chair by the table opposite of the bed.

Se Hun and Jong In went to their class as usual on the afternoon and came back home with lunch for Baek Hyun. The man had looked as if he could die happy back then and Jong In felt warm whenever he thought how happy his friends were with small gestures like that.

The two of them still didn't know anything about Kyung Soo, though. He was sure of it because they didn't ask anything regarding the man. It was funny how Lu Han had yet to disclose the details to Se Hun and Jong In still hadn't a fucking clue why the elder man looked pissed.

"You shouldn't smoke when you're sick, Baek. Your condition will worsen." Jong In told the other man when Baek Hyun was coughing his guts out. The man only gave him a drowsy grin and Jong In couldn't help himself from ruffling the elder's hair before taking the still lit stick from Baek Hyun's slim fingers.

"Don't smoke it though, Jong In-nie, you might get sick too." Baek Hyun rasped out and handed him the ashtray. Jong In felt like telling him it would be okay if he got sick. He'd have Se Hun, Baek Hyun and Kyung Soo to look after him if he was. They would nurse him back into perfection, for sure.

"I won't get sick. I'm not weak like you." He grinned and Baek Hyun's hand was warm when he hit Jong In's face.

Jong In didn't know why he felt dread when he saw Lu Han stand up from his spot and Se Hun let out a startled gasp when Lu Han rushed over to the bed.

Jong In should've known to leap away as soon as the man stood up because if he had done so, Lu Han might not have been successful in chocking him and Baek Hyun would not have let out a shriek that sounded like a dying chicken.

Lu Han was pissed.

Baek Hyun and Se Hun looked amused.

But Jong In wasn't amused.

Lu Han was really strong and his voice was loud when he screeched out a "Why are you fucking my boss of all people!"

He was fucked. Because he really was fucking the Chinese man's boss and he should've known that the new recruit Kyung Soo always mentioned was, indeed, their Chinese man. Maybe he ought to tell Lu Han that Kyung Soo thought he was good. Maybe that will lessen Lu Han's grip on his neck because the room looked a little too white now.

===

It was the 10th of December today and the cafe wasn't as crowded. Jong In was glad to be out of the cold weather and he untied his scarf and basked in the warmth from the heater of the cafe. Baek Hyun was sitting across of him and he looked slightly better than yesterday.

"So are you really doing his boss?" Baek Hyun grinned and Jong In gave him a blank look. He'd learnt it from Kyung Soo and the man was really a master of blank looks. After the whole Lu Han chocking him episode last night, Min Seok had come back right on time and scolded his best friend. Jong In had left right away after that and a part of him was actually pissed with Lu Han although he knew it would not be long before it would be okay.