Zane Parker

For the record, I had no idea that Percy had a girlfriend.

Sure, he said that he did, but we all assumed it was just an excuse to nicely turn down the girls who were asking him out.

So when my friends and I went over to Percy's apartment to hang out, I did not expect there to be a pretty girl in Percy's swim-team sweatshirt walk out of his room and fight with him, only to end up kissing him right on the lips.

Let me tell you about it.

After school on Friday, we all went to Percy's apartment to play video games. And by all, I mean: me, Derik, and Oliver.

Percy unlocked the door and set his backpack next to it, inviting us to do the same.

The smell of Sally's chocolate chip cookies filled the room, and we all took a deep breath, smiled at each other, and raced to the kitchen to be the first to taste the batch of yumminess Percy's mom made.

"Woah, there, slow down, boys," Sally said, taking away the plate before we could get third. "Save some for others."

We all pouted, and mumbled, "Yes, Ms. Jackson."

There were about ten cookies left, though, and that seemed like more than enough for Sally and Paul, Percy's step-father.

Maybe there was someone else here? Family visiting, perhaps?

The thought was cut off by Derik dragging us into the living room, proceeding to search for a video game could play.

We eventually chose Mario Kart, and Percy creamed us real good. By the time our fifth round was done, I heard a door open in the hallway.

Is someone here? I thought. As far as I knew, Paul wasn't home yet, and Sally was in the kitchen, sitting at the table and writing her novel on her computer.

My question was answered when a girl with long, blonde, curly hair walked into the living room, wearing a sweatshirt that said, Goode High Swimteam.

Oliver and Percy were in a really animated conversation about rubber ducks, so they didn't notice her.

But Derik and I did. Derik leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Do you have any idea who that is?"

The girl sat next to Percy, who still didn't notice, and waited patiently.

"I have no clue," I whispered back.

She finally got impatient and tapped Percy on the shoulder.

He jumped and turned around, only to be met by an angry face and clenched jaw.

Um, hey..." Percy said, trailing off when he noticed her mad expression. "What's up?"

"Percy," she said, still obviously frustrated but creepily calm.

"Yeah?" he asked hesitantly.

"Where. Are. My. Blueprints?" she asked through clenched teeth.

Percy's eyes widened, and he looked panicked. "Um. . . Uh. . . About that. . . Hehe." He laughed guiltily, and scratched the back of his head.

"Yes?" the girl said, still insanely calm and collected for someone who looked so furious.

"I. . . kind of. . . maybe. . . just a little bit. . . kinda. . . spilled some milk on them?"

The girl's gray eyes widened, and I didn't know it was possible for her to look any more angry, but I was proven wrong when her eyes flashed with a dangerous glint.

Percy continued. "See, I was doing homework and-and drinking milk, and your b-blueprints were on the desk, and I-I stood up, but m-my hand accidentally knocked over the cup, and it spilled all over them, b-but I fixed it, and it-it's all good now, and I hid them from my-myself so I wouldn't do it again."

The girl glared at him. "Where did you hide them?" She asked.

Percy looked down and mumbled, "Under our bed."

Our bed? I thought.

"Thank you," she said. "Now. If you ever touch my work again, I will hurt you, and you won't be able to walk without crutches for a month."

For some odd reason, Percy smiled. "I love it when you you get all threaty."

She smiled and pecked him on the lips. "I know." She walked out of the room and Oliver asked the question we were all wondering.

"Who was that?"

"Oh, that was Annabeth, my girlfriend."

Girlfriend?

"Girlfriend?" Derik asked, taking the words right out of my mouth.

"Remember? I talk about her all the time?"

"We always just thought that was a cover up for saying no to all those girls who ask you out," I admitted.

Percy raised an eyebrow, giving us a look that said, Really, guys? You think I'm that good of a liar?

"Well, she is very real, and now you know, so we can move on now," Percy said, picking his controller back up and starting a new game.

From that day forward, Annabeth became one of our friends after she came back out and starting playing Mario Kart with us. (She creamed all of us, including Percy.)

That's how I met Percy's girlfriend.

Now, I have to go. The wedding's about the start.

Thank you for reading this chapter. I know it's been a long time since I updated, and I just wanted to give you guys something.

Anyway, thanks again, and I'll see ya!

Yours Truly

           Elow