Chapter One

A/n: This is a sequel to my previous story, Save Her.

{Will's POV}

?: William Foxtrot, please report to my office.

I cringed, remembering the last time someone was called to his office. Jeremy. There was a whole incident, involving the office's guillotine paper slicer. I...don't like to think about it.

I made my way up the stairs, into my boss's office. I knocked on the door.

?: Come in.

I opened the door, and saw my boss. They looked...happy? Yeah, happy. It freaked me out. I'd never seen them like this before.

Boss: Will, sit down. I've got some good news!

I frowned.

Me: My name is William.

Boss: Yes, yes, of course. Come, sit down.

I pulled up a chair, and sat in front of them.

Me: What is it?

Boss: Guess what? You're being promoted!

I was baffled. Why was I being promoted?

Me: To what?

Their grin widened.

Boss: Beta tester. You're going to replace Jeremy.

I frowned. Why did they seem like they didn't care about what happened to Jeremy?

Me: That sounds...great, boss.

Boss: Great, you start tomorrow. You are dismissed.

I walked back to my desk. Beta tester? Really? I should tell Cassie about this.

Timeskip

(Cassie's POV),

That stupid virus. Where the hell did this thing come from? I've tried every standard anti-virus procedure, but nothing works. If I could just find where it came from...

*Knock Knock Knock*

Crap, who's that? I gotta put a hold on this. I walked up to the door and opened it.

Me: Oh, it's just you. Come on in, William.

I walked into my kitchen to get him a drink. Because, you know, he's my guest. No feelings for him at all. Definitely.

William: Thanks, Cassie. I, uh, need to talk to you about something.

Me: Hmm?

William: I, uh, got promoted today. To uh...*unintelligible muttering*.

Me: What was that?

William: I got promoted...to...uh...beta tester.

I almost dropped the glass.

Me: You mean, like, Jeremy?

He shuffled around on his feet. I gave him his glass of apple juice, his favorite drink.

William: Yeah, like, Jeremy. But I'm sure I'll be fine. Speaking of which, how's that, uh, project of yours coming along?

I sat down on my couch, and sighed.

Me: Terribly. Nothing works. I've tried everything, even just downloading its corrupted file into a separate hard drive.

William looked confused.

William: What do you mean, tried?

I put my head in my hands, tired after several hours of trying to get rid of this thing. Then I looked at William.

Me: There is no corrupted file.

So, what do you think? Is it already better written than my other story? I hope so. I really have nothing to say, except this: Do you want a Bio for William Foxtrot? As always, stay safe, stay healthy, stay Legendary.
-The Lost Legend