Because I Love You!

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters or the cover photo. All belong to MF Yapım and Fox Turkey.

Serkan sat at his desk trying to focus on work. But if he was being honest with himself, which he totally wasn't at this point, he was more focused on the photos of them in front of him, other than anything else. 

"What are you doing, Serkan? Focus! You have work to do." Serkan murmured to himself and picked up the pencil he was sketching with. 

Eda walked onto the terrace of Serkan's house at the same moment that he lifted his head from the sketches. He wasn't sure if he saw her or heard her steps, he just knew she was there. Almost as if he felt her. 

With the corner of his eye, Serkan spotted the photos still on display. He hurriedly gathered them and tucked them safely between the books on his desk, making sure Eda won't see them. Getting out of his chair he went to welcome her. 

"Hi." Serkan said. 

"I came to give you the ring back. I'll leave it and then I'll go." Eda said without returning his pleasantries. She was trying to be formal and collected, while on the inside her heart was breaking into a million pieces. Every single nerve ending in her body was burning in pain. 

For Serkan what she said was like a sucker punch in the gut. He winced at the pain and looked to the side. Eda didn't think that facing him like this would be so difficult. She tried to keep her eyes on the ground. Her tears started to well up, but she refused to show him just how much this confrontation hurt her. So she sucked it up, looked down at her hands and moved to take the ring off, while simultaneously walking away from him. 

"Eda."

It was as if something had possessed him. Before his brain had the time to catch up his hand shot out, grabbing hers stopping her. 

"Don't." Serkan pulled her close to him, pinning her big beautiful eyes on his. "Don't take it off." 

Eda's heart skipped a beat. Her breathing stopped and if it wasn't for his strong arm holding her in place, her knees might have given out. 

"Why?" She asked him. 

"Because…" Serkan trailed off. What was he going to say? His brain was going like a mile a minute, but totally blank at the same time. His actions and words were getting ahead, before his brain even had the time to process them or catch up. 

Eda was waiting for him to say something. Give her a reason to stay. She was so confused and torn. She knew she had to leave, but she also knew she didn't want to. And that scared her. 

Finally coming to his right set of mind, Serkan let go of Eda's hand. Feeling a bit embarrassed he broke their eye contact and focused his eyes on the wooden floors beneath his feet. Not knowing what to do with his hands, he decided that the safest option was probably to keep them in his pockets. So that's what he did. 

"Because we signed a contract. And we still have a little over a month left of it." The answer that he gave her, was the other safest option. And honestly, at this particular moment, he wasn't sure what other option existed. 

Eda's pain began to boil and in a span of a second her hurt turned into a raging anger. 

"The contract. Of course." she huffed, an angry laugh escaping her lips.