Once Upon A Time...

Prologue—Halloween Party

“Come on Hayden, the party’s beginning.” Lauren Christy, the best friend of Hayden Anne Patridge, said as she walked up to the front door to the teen club ‘Juicy’. Lauren’s boyfriend, Drew Williams, was having his annual Halloween party there.

Hayden crawled out of Lauren’s 2007 midnight blue Toyota dressed as a Cinderella. Her dirty blonde hair was pulled up in a slick bun, showing off her crystal blue eyes and her slightly tanned skin that glistened from the light glitter she’d sprinkled on it before they arrived. She was dressed in a white spaghetti strapped ball gown that fluffed out at the hips with a fitted bodice. She had on a pair of glittery white 4 ½ inch high pumps that matched her diamond tiara perfectly.

“Come on, I heard Drew invited British Invasion.” Lauren continued as she grabbed Hayden’s hand as they ran into the club. Teens danced and conversed as they made their way to the punch bowl.

“Nice costume,” Hayden smiled at Lauren as they danced to the beat of “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield.

“No problem. I got it from my sister’s closet.” Lauren giggled fixing her black and brown cheetah print cat ears. She had on a cheetah cat suit with a pair of brown 4 ½ inch high pumps. Her face was painted to look like a cat.

“Cute,” Hayden laughed. “So British Invasion is really coming?”

“Yeah but I think they’ll be in costumes. It’d be really funny if you dance with one of them.” Lauren laughed.

“Ha-ha, I wish.” Hayden said.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

“This is the place right here,” Zack Taylor, member of British Invasion, said to their limo driver Frank. He parked the limo in front of “Juicy” and the group got out of the limo.

“Come on Cameron, let’s go.” The other member of British Invasion, Robbie Hendrix, said to Cameron.

Cameron got out of the limo dressed as a prince. He had on a black and blue tuxedo with a white ascot tied around his neck and a gold crown upon his long curly brunette hair.

“You ready?” another member of the group, Jake McCoy, asked him.

“Let’s go,” Cameron smiled, pulling down his black mask that covered his beautiful gray eyes. They walked into the club and teens were dancing to the song “Ultraviolet” by the Stiff Dylans. The boys spilt up and Cameron spotted Hayden standing at the punch bowl alone as the song “Love Bug” by the Jonas Brothers began to play. He walked over to her and tapped her lightly on the shoulder. She turned around and smiled politely.

“Yes?” Hayden’s voice was smooth and calm.

“Would you like to dance?” Cameron asked, his English accent highlighting his speech.

“Sure,” Hayden said sweetly. Cameron took her hand and led her to the dance floor. She put one hand on his shoulder, still holding his hand with her left hand. He put his arm around her waist.

“So are you from here?” Cameron asked.

“No, I’m actually from Laguna Beach. I moved here, to L.A. about four years ago.” Hayden said glancing at the clock. It read: 10:45pm.

Oh. Sounds good,” Cameron said.

“How about you?” Hayden asked curiously as the song “Crazier” by Taylor Swift began to play.