Chapter 2

Moon's POV

Ember.

Everyday, for the last three months, his name has been on the tip of my tongue in my dreams and my waking hours.

I see his face everywhere. The look of pure mischief but also the face of a true hero and my boyfriend.

Oh Ember, why did it have to be you of all people?

You didn't deserve to die.

It just didn't seem fair to me. Why did Ember have to die? Why couldn't it have been someone else? 

No. I must not think like that. I shouldn't wish death on somebody else.

But I missed Ember so much everyday that sometimes I couldn't help but to think like that.

Rain and Stella has both tried to be as including as possible. They always checked to make sure that I was okay. I appreciated it, I really do. But it didn't help that the two of them were currently going out.

 It also didn't help that most of my friends were in a relationship with each other right now.

I wasn't even sure if they understood what it felt like to lose someone.

No wait, that might not be entirely true. At least Rain would understand. He lost his former girlfriend once too.

But I can't say the same for Stella. As far as I know, she hasn't lost anybody that she truly loved. Because, it's obvious that Rain isn't dead. So, she couldn't understand how much it hurts.

I knew I shouldn't be thinking like that. Especially about my best friend, when all she's done is make sure that I'm okay.

Stella didn't deserve for me to think like that. Especially not after everything she's done for me.

But whenever I see her, I don't just see a caring friend. Instead, I also feel the sharp pain of jealousy and bitterness.