Chapter 1

Aspen in the above media:)
—————————————

I dropped my duffle bag to the ground, examining the sack of fabric with not particular thought in mind. I was overwhelmed with excitement for the opportunity of becoming a Seasonal, yet drastically frustrated with Carson's reaction.

He wasn't what I wanted to focus on. Shaking my head, I lift it to find myself surrounded by other wolves, some older, most about my age. They all had some sort of luggage with them and were socialize amongst themselves.

I kept to myself, too shy and emotionally unprepared to bother.

"Hello little wolf." A masculine voice interrupted my introverted thoughts. I glance up to find a man- maybe in his 40's- smiling down on me. He kneeled down to my level where I was able to see his mossy green eyes and the salt and pepper hair that littered his face. "And what might your name be?" He asks.

I take a moment to collect myself before replying. "Aspen, Sir."

He chuckled. I noticed that when he did so, his whole body expressed itself, shoulders shaking, eyes crinkling in joy. "What a unique name. My name is Will. This here is my son, Bryce." He gestured to a boy I hadn't noticed. The boy never met my gaze as he crossed his arms in rebellion.

"Are you too joining the Seasonal's too?" I ask, scratching my cheek. It was a habit of mine. Ash said I mostly did it when I wasn't comfortable or confused with my surroundings. "I joined to go an adventure I guess. I think that helping our pack is important too, though!"

Will's smile never left his face as he placed a hand on my head. "Nope. I am a Seasonal," he raised himself up, his hand still place on my head. "And starting today, so are the rest of you." His voice boomed louder than the crowds, gathering everyones attention. I could feel my cheeks heat up at the eyes that stared in our direction, yet I was too invested in what Will had to say.

"You all joined as loyal members of the pack. You have chosen to experience a life of constant change, devoting yourself to rebuild and unify the werewolf community." Will's voice was captivating. It wasn't loud and demeaning, it was calm yet authoritative. "Our mission this year is to convince the Nightingale pack that an alliance with our own pack would be beneficial."

The crowd bursted into hushed murmurs. The Nightingale pack was located in Australia. Clearly no where near North America where our pack was located. I'm sure everyone was wondering how long this field trip would last exactly.

Will cleared his throat, an action which called for attention. "I need you all to understand that there is no set time for how long we planning to take on this expedition. I can guarantee that it will be longer than a year as they are currently in a sort of... truffle. So if you don't think you will be able to handle that, please leave."

The way Will said that made it seem like he was challenging people to go. As if he wanted the weak to show themselves.

Will smiled at the lack of volunteers. "Perfect. Let's head out, shall we." The group dispersed, heading towards the grey hound that awaited us.

I went to pick up my duffle, before I could, Will grabbed ahold of it and grinned. "Let's look for an adventure."