Harry Potter and the Truth about EvansPotter

PROLOGUE

Avada Kedavra - Two Simple Words

The sun finally showed brightly from the clouds. The remnants of war laid all around the young green-eyed boy but he couldn't care less. Everything had gone to plan and yet everything was destroyed beyond repair.

As Harry made his way up to the castle that he once called his home, he felt a pang of nostalgia. Everything was the same and yet it was all so different. But things would change now, for the better, he could just feel it.

"What do you mean by that you stupid bitch?"

"I mean exactly what you're hearing you arse!"

Harry followed the sound of the familiar voices and stood outside a door of an empty classroom.

Now Harry was after all, a good lad, but the sound of his bickering best friends (or favourite couple now, if the kiss was anything to go by!) piqued his attention.

"No Ronald! You're wrong! How could you ever do this to us? Get away from me! Don't touch me you son of a bitch."

That was all Harry needed to hear and he was about to burst in and stop Ron from doing something he'd live to regret. Yet he was stopped in his tracks by the last voice he'd thought he'd hear in such a conversation.

"Ronald let her go!" Came the voice of the fiery redhead that Harry was so taken with.

Ah Ginny! Of course she would stop Ron.

Nothing however could ever prepare Harry to deal with the next sentence that came out of Ginny's mouth, "I don't know how she did it, but she broke through the imperious. You need to reign her in and marry her, then Harry is mine and Hermione is yours forever." She said, a slight dreamy and insane note in her tone.

"Right you are Gin." Came Ron's happy voice.

"RONALD BILIUS WEASLEY! DON'T YOU DARE-" But her words were stopped mid-rant with a loud "Imperio" and Hermione was once again Ron's toy.

Harry had had enough and burst through the door.

Ron and Ginny were shocked and all the colour drained from their faces.

"H-Harry m-mate, its-its not what it looks like at all!" Came Ron's half-hearted attempt to save himself. Honestly, did he think of Harry to be that daft?

"Shut up Ron and release Hermione now!"

"No Harry please listen to me-"

"Shut the fuck up you lying bitch! I thought I loved you and this is what I come home to? You two manipulating and trying to control my best friend and me!"

Ginny paled even more and Ron looked murderous.

"Bloody Harry Potter, the Boy-Who-Lived, the Chosen-One, the Master-of-Death, the Defeater-of-Voldemort, the Light-of-Hope, blah blah blah! Did I miss something out your holiness? You get everything, you can have anyone, why have you to get Hermione too? Why can't I get her? I deserve her more than you do, you selfish prick!"

"Is that really how much our friendship meant to you Ron? Is this all you ever saw as noteworthy?" Harry asked with naked emotion in a small voice that chilled Ginny and Ron to the bone.

"Yes! Ok Mister-I'm-the-Best with money and girls and fame! You were my family's hook, you were what we needed to rise up from our poverty and in turn we gave you a family. It was an equal bargain so stop being such a bitch about it! I thought I had had enough of you during the Triwizard Tournament but Mum made me see reason and I apologized to keep you bound to the family."