19

Chapter Nineteen ______________

Chapter Nineteen
______________

Preparations for tonight's dinner had to be the most hectic thing in my entire life. I sat in the mirror throwing my hair around, trying to find a style to fit for dinner with Pastor Styles and his family while my parents ran around the house like monkeys.

You'd think the mayor was coming.

The sound of pots and pans hitting the ground repeatedly knocked me off my focus. My mother's anger didn't dissolve over the past hours and I grew worrisome of how tonight will go.

She's never treated the Styles' family poorly, so it'll take them back if she hits them with a sudden outburst.

Due to Harry being apart of the dinner, I could already imagine the scowl that'll be plastered on her face every time he decided to speak to my father or me.

"Danielle! Pastor Styles just pulled into the driveway. Come down, please!" My father informed me. I looked at myself in the mirror once again with a displeased look on my face from how my ponytail came out before walking out of my bathroom and meeting my parents at the front door.

Once I'm standing beside them, the door flew open with Gemma, her daughter Lauren and Pastor Styles standing at our doorway. They all were dressed in their finest attires, which is usual.

Gemma wore a pastel pink dress that flowed down to her knees, her feet were covered in short-heeled shoes and her brown curls rested on her shoulders.

Her olive green irises popped beautifully due to the small amount of light eyeshadow she applied to her eyelids.

Little Lauren's outfit was similar to her mothers; a pink lace dress with white flats, matching her ruffled white and pink socks. Her blonde hair that she took from her father, were placed into two pigtails.

Pastor Styles dressed himself in a white button up and black dress pants. It doesn't matter how many times I see him dressed in something other than his church clothes, I'll still be taken back.

Disappointment rested in my heart when my gaze wasn't met with Harry's emerald irises. He told me that he'd be here, yet, I don't see him standing in front of me with his famous smirk plastered on his beautiful face.

"Dani!" Lauren shouted as she ran towards me. I bent down and opened my arms up for her to embrace in, taking in her strawberry scented shampoo.

My relationship with Gemmas daughter is similar to what you'd have with your own sister. At first, it wasn't that easy to get her attention because she only felt comfortable with her family.

But as the short years went by, Lauren found her way into my arms. With us both being at the same church and me not being so social with the other people who attend the church, I was perfectly fine with befriending a child.