3

Hours later, Kai chooses to confront him about it. He doesn't see this drawing on because it's already been a month of Taeyong living here, a whole month of neither of them getting to know each other. He wants closure, he wants to tell Taeyong that it's okay. If Taeyong is afraid, Kai wants to reassure him that he accepts this, whatever this is. Kai only wants a friendship with his housemate.

Kai knocks on his door gently, upon hearing a humming sound, he enters. His... he.

Taeyong's bedroom is a faint pink, LED lights behind his bed frame and his computer monitor. High quality camera and microphone tripods perch on the desk space, directing themselves towards Taeyong's bed.

Taeyong, he... he's lying naked on stomach with his legs swinging back and forth, tablet in front of him scrolling aimlessly in a queen size bed with nothing but fluffy pillows.

"Damn," Kai whistles breathily. He shuts his mouth immediately with his hand once he realizes he said it out loud. He doesn't know what it was referring to, be it Taeyong's bare thighs and ass revealed or how cool and comfy his bedroom looks.

Taeyong looks at him with wide eyed and sits up, grabbing a pillow that he uses to cover up his lower region. He shouts, "I thought you would be asleep by now!"

"I'm... not. Uh, here I am," Kai says awkwardly, "I should leave."

"No, no. It's fine."

Taeyong gets off his bed and opens his bedroom door wider, letting Kai inside. He closes it and then chucks his pillow onto his bed, leaving Kai to force his eyes at only his roommates face.

"Huh?"

"You can leave if you want. Or you can stay."

"Stay... for?"

Taeyong scoffs, "What do you think?"

"I don't know!"

"You can't tell me you never knew!" Taeyong pesters back.

"I don't!"

"Even Chanyeol knows."

Kai tenses, crossing his arms and responding lowly, "Knows what?"

Taeyong doesn't answer. He bends over his desk and types away. Kai refrains from looking because he doesn't want to make Taeyong uncomfortable. Then again, he is very uncomfortable. His housemate is flaunting his shit like it's no big deal. He's not really, actually uncomfortable, it's kind of a good feeling and he'd rather push away how good and bubbly he feels.

"Clock is ticking. Ten seconds until I air," Taeyong coos softly. He turns to Kai and pokes his cheek. "So, either you can leave and talk to me in thirty minutes. Or find out right now."

"I'll..." Kai looks at Taeyong's set up very curious.

Taeyong seems to notice how stumped he is because he pats at the ottoman at the corner of his bedroom. He insists, "Just sit right there. The offer to leave is on the table but I would rather prefer you stay."

Kai nods and takes a seat on the ottoman, which he sinks into. Is everything in Taeyong's room so comfortable?! If he's allowed, he'd come in here more often for things like study breaks or binging shows. It's the perfect space for those kinds of activities. He and Taeyong just might have that bonding relationship after this, who knows, considering that Taeyong is stark naked shamelessly in front of Kai.

There's a jar on Taeyong's wardrobe that he thrusts in Kai's direction. When he declines it, Taeyons reaches for a lollipop himself and gives Kai a thumbs up before jumping onto his bed.