Newbie

"Are you serious?" Swift Mist cried out. Her friends were currently distracted by a bug they had found, instead of looking for a way out of the forest they had gotten themselves lost in.
"Okay, okay! We're coming," Dew Charm, Swift Mist's sister exclaimed. "I don't see the point of staying together if it's going to take us longer to find a way out. Don't you think we should split up or something?"
"What if we split up and get lost?" Swift Mist was ready to get out of the forest. She had heard tales of Timber Wolves and the Everfree Forest, but she wasn't ready to believe them. She was pretty skeptical, unlike her sister who believed almost anything. The other two of the group, Snowbank, a Kirin, and Mellow, a hippogryph, got along better than the sisters had. Swift Mist had speculated it was their personalities that helped them get along.
"Wait. I hear something." Snowbank whispered, ushering for the others to get behind her. It sounded like.. whimpering? With Snowbank in the lead, they made their way cautiously towards the whimpering. Snowbank pulled back the brush, revealing a draconeuus. They were all a bit shocked, as they've never seen such a creature before. They've only heard of them in legends and tales of a great draconequus who wreaked chaos across Equestria. Those were just legends, right? But here it was, right in front of them. It noticed and turned to face the four, revealing it had been crying.
"Gah! Who are you? What do you want from me?" It had cried out, backing away from the group.
"It's alright! We're not here to cause any harm," Snowbank replied. "We're here because we heard you whimpering. We wanted to see what was wrong, and if you knew a way out of here by any chance?"
The young draconequus was a bit shocked at their kindness, as it wasn't used to interaction with other much.
"I'm okay, I think. I-I'm Calamity. And if you're trying to get out of here you won't really succeed.. this here's the Everfree Forest."