three.

The music was set on a medium level as the men in the living room and kitchen laughed and conversed with each other. Women walked around with bottles in their hand, half naked. The TV was playing loudly, but no one was watching it.

The man on the living room couch was slouched in a corner with his head tilted back. His mouth opened widely as he snored his life away. He hadn't gotten that much sleep in a while and even then it wasn't enough. He was never one to sleep around noise, but being on the streets for almost five years made him used to it.

"You slumped from that pull man?" A man chuckled from beside him.

"Mhmm." He mumbled in his sleep and turned over on his side. He gripped his stomach and nodded back to sleep.

The man beside him shook his head and looked over at the woman by the window of the kitchen. She looked through the blinds and suddenly turned around.

"Turn down the music," She called out.

"Bitch, who the fuck-"

"The police are here and they don't look like they're gonna knock." Her voice wavered in fright.

Quickly, everyone stood up and grabbed their belongings. Suitcases and briefcases were pushed wide open and drugs, needles and masks were stuffed into them. The women rushed around as they placed their clothes on and flew out from the side door along with a few others.

"Zyan, you gotta wake up, dude."

Suddenly, the front door flew open and the police swarmed in.

The man that was seated beside Zyan yanked him up. That alone caused him to jump out of his sleep and run. He stuffed himself in the near bedroom and followed a few people as they pulled the heavy window open and jumped out.

"Go, go, go."

Zyan never felt his adrenaline heighten like that before. He couldn't get locked up.

He balanced his one leg and pulled his other leg out before he ran. Looking behind him, he noticed his drug plug running behind him as well. They ran down the alley and paused when they saw a cop car in front of them.

"The gate." The man called out.

Zyan rushed to his left and jumped onto the gate. He groaned in pain as he crawled up. He'd never been in an athletic moment since the beginning of college. Not only was he not in shape, but he didn't have the healthy internal organs that he used to have that made active things easy for him. He was in pain all the time because of the lack of care he received.

And, the drugs didn't help either.

He was an addict and he'd say it in the nicest way possible.

Been an addict for five years.

Five years ago he was strung out after being disowned by his parents and he met a fellow named; Joey at a college party. Thumb covered in white products as he placed it into his mouth.

He beckoned the tall and lanky man over, noticing that they had a few classes together and put him on.

He'd been hooked ever since.

Sadly, it costed him his life and his loved ones around him. Drugs took over his life until he didn't give a shit.

It was something that was fun, then turned into a habit. A lifestyle.

"You hear anything?"

"Nah," Zyan shook his head as they leaned into the side of a random house. The drug house was just a few blocks down, but they knew that they wouldn't be able to go back there ever again.