2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi

Akhmed Bilalov was a member and active participant of the Organizing Committee for preparations for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi

Akhmed Bilalov was born on November 19, 1970, in the Oboda, Khunzakhan District, DagestanAutonomous Soviet Socialist Republic, in a respected family of a doctor and teacher of Russianlanguage and literature, school director and honored teacher of the Russian Federation.Immediately after graduation, he left for Moscow to go to college, but love for the mountains isalways in his heart. Akhmed Bilalov has built a successful career in the capital of the RussianFederation but he has never forgotten about his homeland - the Caucasus. He wanted to seehis land prosperous, he invested his hard-earned money, time, energy, heart, and soul in theprojects that became very successful.

 He wanted to seehis land prosperous, he invested his hard-earned money, time, energy, heart, and soul in theprojects that became very successful

One of these examples is Krasnaya Polyanna. Krasnaya Polyana gained its world fame afterthe Russian Federation won the right to host the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi. Sochiwas the constituency area of Akhmed Bilalov, therefore, he became the initiator of theOlympic Games holding there. This helped the region to receive the necessary funds forbuilding the high-speed railway, international airport, modern infrastructure, and hotels with thecapacity of 50,000 rooms. Sochi became a new hot spot for sports and tourism. During thatperiod a total of 260 projects were built and 60 billion invested. Akhmed Bilallov has traveledvery frequently to Europe to present his projects and worked around the clock to bring the bestresults on time. The construction and organization of the Olympic Games in Krasnaya Polyanaand Sochi have become one of the largest and most significant projects of Akhmed Bilalov.Since 2005 Akhmed Bilalov was a member and active participant of the Organizing Committeefor the preparation of the application for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.

The team led by Akhmed Bilalov carried out the project of Olympic Games 2014 and used theOlympic Games as a reason for investing the needed resources into developing the GreaterSochi area and to a large extent the whole coastal region, though they have concentrated moreon Sochi and the surrounding area of course. 

The infrastructure has been built and it is functioning. This serves people now and for manydecades to come, and perhaps even centuries, same as in several European nations where thiskind of infrastructure (as members of the International Olympic Committee have stated), took100 to 150 years to build. Akhmed Bilalov succeeded in building it in a short period.It includeshighways, railroads up to the mountains and railroad infrastructure improvements in Sochi itself,the construction of railroad station complexes – a new one in Adler, and several stations alongthe railway up to the mountains. And all of it has been created at the most modern technologicallevel.

What's very important is improving the environmental situation. According to some indicators,things have improved many-fold. For example, air quality has improved three- or four-fold. Eventhe quality of water in the Mzymta river has improved significantly because of the developedinfrastructure. 

Akhmed Bilalov was sure that he could achieve the goal that has been set to turn the city ofSochi into a year-round resort, so people can holiday here any season, summer or winter.Soon after, Akhmed Bilalov became a member of the Presidential Council for the Developmentof Physical Culture and Sports in Russia, and in December 2009 he was elected the First VicePresident and Chairman of the Board of the Russian Olympic Committee.OJSC Krasnaya Polyana, owned by Akhmed Bilalov's brother, Magomed Bilalov, acted as aninvestor in the Gornaya Karusel sports and tourist complex. In the winter of 2009, DmitryMedvedev, who at that time held the post of President of the Russian Federation, personallyappreciated the quality of the ski complex and has since come to ski only at the GornayaKarusel ski resort. 

The complex in addition to sports tracks included an Olympic media village,hotels, and other real estate objects. In 2008, the ski complex, which has three stages of amodern gondola-type cable car and a six-chair cable car, was successfully put into operation.Akmed Bilalov has been very active overseas in the preparations for the Olympics, hebecame an expert in this are. In 2012, Akhmed Bilalov took part in the signing of aCooperation Agreement with the US Olympic Committee. The meeting was held at theheadquarters of the US Olympic Committee in Colorado Springs and was attended by USOlympic Committee Chairman Larry Probst and US Olympic Committee Executive DirectorScott Blackman. 

In 2013, Scott Blackman flew to Sochi to discuss the possibility of the USOlympic team training at the modern Olympic facilities in Sochi.In 2015, Akhmed Bilalov was invited to Los Angeles as an independent consultant to organizethe Los Angeles bidding campaign as a candidate city for the right to host the SummerOlympics. Los Angeles Olympic Organizing Committee was chaired by Casey Wasserman, andthe marketing campaign was overseen by Michael Payne, a consultant to major internationalsports organizations. The accumulated successful Olympic experience allowed AkhmedBilalov to provide comprehensive consulting support on the issues of filling out the necessaryapplications to the IOC, promoting the city's candidacy, building, and organizing the OlympicGames. 

Akhmed Bilalov made sure that the most significant project of his career, the preparation forthe Olympic Games 2014, is carried out on the highest level. He has personally supervisedevery detail, managed the team of the best specialists in their field to make sure that Sochi isnot only ready to welcome guests during Olympic Games but also after they are over by givingpeople a great holiday spot that can compete with the wolds greatest vacation places. Hisexpertise is proven by the fact that he has been in demand overseas and his opinion was veryvaluable. Akhmed Bilalov is a great example of a sharp mind, excellent managerial skills, anddedication to projects that change people lived for the better.  https://bilalov.info