Chapter 14 [Final]

I was up all night, thinking about what Yoongi said. In the end I decided he was right. I did mess everything up. They were all good friends and this was their safe place. I came in between Taehyung and Namjoon. And Taehyung came in between Namjoon and I. It wasn't right for me to stay here. I'm not good for Namjoon or Tae. I couldn't officially pick between either of them and even if I could, I know that I don't deserve them. For the past week Joon hasn't spoken to me and I don't think he wanted to see me. He feels as if I was taking Tae's side over his.

I walked out of the living room where I stayed last night and Knocked timidly on Tae's door.

As it opened I looked at the ground.

"Hey Nova. What's Up?" He said Half asleep. "Did you talk to Namjoon yet?" He asked, knowing that that's what was bothering me the entire week.

I just shook my head. "He doesn't want to see me." I sniffled. "He stayed at a hotel again last night i guess to avoid seeing me."

"Oh i see. So how are you holding up?" He was trying really hard to make small talk in the awkward situation. We never officially broke up but i guess after a few days it was implied.

"Horribly. But it's what I deserve. I deserve to feel horrible for the rest of my life."

Tae gently grabbed my shoulder. "Don't say that, don't even think it."

"Why not? It's true I'm a terrible person." I finally looked up at him. "I ruined everything here. You and Joon's friendship. Joon and I's friendship. The peace you guys all had here. Yoongi was right. Everything was fine till I showed up."

He goes to hug me but I stop him.

"Dont, Tae. Don't make this any harder." He looked at me with a hurt expression on his face.

"You're gonna choose Namjoon aren't you?" He asked me.

"I doubt Namjoon still wants to be friends with me, much less be with me." I wiped some tears from my cheeks. I walked into the room and grabbed my bags that I packed the day before and hid inside of his closet.

"I just wanted to say goodbye." I forced a smile.

"Goodbye?" He gave me a confused expression as he looked at the bags I pulled from the closet.

I nodded and quickly wiped away the tears that fell down my cheeks.

"I'm leaving Tae. I'm going back home with my parents."

Tae's jaw dropped and his eyes began to glisten.

"Nova are you crazy? Why would you do that? What about school? You can't just drop out halfway through?" He grabbed my arm.

"I can't stay here Tae. Its not good for me to be here." I slowly pulled my arm away. "You and Joon need to work things out. You guys are roommates and were once really good friends before I came along. I want you guys to have that peace in the dorm again. I want you guys to be comfortable and feel at home. If I stay I'll just keep getting in the way." I tried to hold back the flood of tears that were welling up in my eyes. "It'll be easier if i just take myself out of both of your lives for good."

Tae choked back a sob. He gripped my elbow, pulling me towards him.

"Nova, please. You can't go." we both start to cry.

"I have to," I whispered.

"No, you can't." he held onto me tighter. "I cant NOT have you in my life. Even if you're with Namjoon and not me. It'll hurt but it'll be better than you not being here at all."