𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

───𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞───

  ───something to live for───    

      𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟑 was one of the hottest days ever recorded. That day forest fires raged and people stayed inside with their air conditioners and fans. People asked many questions like, "why was it so hot in the middle of winter?", and why was everything back to normal the next day?'. Meteorologist's were stumped and couldn't figure out what had caused such a short heat wave. If only they had been able to trace it back to a baby girl born the same day by the name of Vesta Gray.

Growing up little things would happen that would remind Vesta she was different to everyone else. At ten years old during an ice cream party in her class her cone melted five times faster than everyone elses leaving a mess at her table. Or the way a room would heat up when she was angry or frustrated. 

Of course there was a reason that these things happened she just didn't know why. 

Vesta's mother was far from human. Born inside of the sun's liquid core and blessed with the power to control and bend it's fire to her will, Aelia protected the sun and vowed to die for it. That was until the gods found out she made a deal with the god of the underworld to betray them. She had broken her vow and as punishment she was cursed by the gods to walk on earth beside the mortals for eternity. 

After thousands of years wandering the earth the cursed woman found a man by the surname Gray. Aelia had a child with him and, like her duty to protect the sun, she threw her away. 

Vesta spent years in the foster system not knowing of her true power and heritage. Until one night in Gotham City a building burnt to a crisp and Vesta came out without a scratch and the only survivor. While walking out of the building she thought "I finally have something to live for.".

────── 〔♥〕────── 

      𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐦 𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 a normal kid. He had a group of close friends, had straight a's and went home to his mother every night after baseball practice. He snuck out of the house to go hang out with his friends, and every time he tried to sneak back he was caught. Like every teenager her had his fair share of girlfriends and boyfriends, but none of them really stuck.  

Unfortunately, his father left both him and his mother at ten years old, so William vowed to never do the same. William Gold would do anything for the people he loved and do anything to protect them. If a friends was hurt in any way he would sit with them and comfort them as much as he could, but the second he saw the person that hurt them he chewed them out.

Everything changed when at fourteen his mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Now instead of going to baseball practice or focusing on school he sat in the hospital everyday with the person he loved the most.

 William's mother died a few days after his fifteenth birthday. He stayed behind at her grave for hours and just as the sun was setting he could faintly see a purple glow zooming towards him. What turned out to be a ring slipped onto his finger and said "You have great love in your heart. Welcome to the Star Sapphires." As soon as the purple light enveloped him he knew that he had something to live for again.

 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬!!

HOLY CRAP, i finally finished this. Im so excited for this book and i hope you guys are too!! 

Also can i just say that i cant wait to write and explore William and Vesta's relationships with the rest of the team. Vesta and Zatanna are going to be so fucking amazing together. 

Thank you so much for reading and i hope you all have an amazing day!! ♥