Fighting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I raise my fists, lining them up with my eyes- getting ready to hit my opponent. That's when the whistle blows and I drop them, a scowl plastered on my face. 

"What?" I murmur to Hayden who is standing close to me, my eyes still settled on Chance-my opponent-who is staring at me with slight fear and hatred at the same time. Hayden whispers back.

"He got too scared- whispered to his mentor he didn't want to fight you." there is amusement in his voice, I decide to put a smirk on my face- only to show Chance that he has nothing against me. Then his stupid mentor comes along and grabs Chance's arm when he flexes angrily, I stare at him in disgust as I see some girls in the corner squeal.

Ugh.

Hayden hops down to stand beside me and looks at me, I break my continuous death glare at Chance and look back at Hayden. He is smiling almost proud.

 A smile tugs on my lips because he is probably the only person who basically likes me, but I just roll my eyes and look away to Chance's mentor who looks very unhappy.

"You're getting better every time, you know. " He says matter-of-factly, and I just snort with laughter.

"No need for compliments, you give them all the time anyways." I retort, smiling genuinely.

He just looks away and sighs.

"Yeah but it's true." and he is right, I am probably the fighter in the whole camp. And I'm not trying to be too crazy about myself, I'm told it all the time.

Maybe a couple people are stronger, but I'm still up in the top. I don't reply though, I just nod and step back a little.

"What do you mean by he doesn't want to fight me?" I feel confused by this, even a little satisfied but more confused since I have to fight him in order for my charts to go up.

"I told you- he told his mentor like a baby saying he didn't wanna fight you," I interrupts his mid-sentence-

"But he has to! It's to keep things in order!" I look at Hayden with a frown and I see him smiling slightly.

"You know J, that if he doesn't fight you that means you automatically win- right?" I stare at my young mentor in surprise- Is he just joking? Or do I actually win if Chance decides to back out? Hayden glances at me and then grins mischievously.

"Your joking, right?" I gape at him, actually kinda happy but more surprised that I didn't know of this. Hayden just laughs a little.

"Why would I lie?" I hesitate at this, but it doesn't really phase me. That's when I decide to go and speak with Chance- to tell him I'd be happy to win so easily.

Immediately I start to move forward and go search for Chance, that's when Hayden catches the look on my face and realize what I'm up to. Snatching my arm quickly with his strong grip.

"It's not a good idea." I sigh at the caution in his voice, he knows I'll probably start a fight or something. Which sadly is true. 

I can't talk to people, it's rather I start a fight, make the person hate me, or make them like me. Which making them like me is a two out of ten situation.

"Get off my back," I murmur and roll my eyes, wriggling my arm out of his hand. I hear him sigh as I walk away, looking around for Chance. That's when I spot him- with his three other friends: Dustin, Dallas, and Blake.

"Chancyy" I whine in the voice of the girls that usually go up to him, he looks around with a stupid grin on his face looking for the girl and spots me. His smile drops so fast I didn't even blink and his eyes were already widening. I don't even smirk, I just stop walking when his friends see me.