*Welcome to hell*

The sky is blue without any stroke of white. The clouds run away from her view to follow the lead of the wind toward the view of others.

"Come on talk to me."

She doesn't answer and continues to look at the sky with furrowed eyebrows and eyes closed, lost in her thoughts.

"She just asked you a question." a manly voice erupt.

The car's ceiling closes in front of her green eyes that look up in annoyance.

"And who are you ?" she says looking at the men's built back. She looks beside the driver seat at the woman who rolls her eyes begging for the ride to end soon.

"I thought you always told me not to talk to strangers." she continues bitterly.

The woman sights drastically, hands on her face rubbing just under her brows awaiting the headache.

"Stop being an ass Maxime," he says trying to raise his voice to prove his so-called authority.

"Come on, big guy! you can do better!" The teen answers sitting up full of confidence searching for a fight.

The argument gets cut off almost immediately by the woman who cut off the two, "That's enough!"

Maxim looks back at her with an angry expression feeling both angry and betrayed.

How the woman who practically raised her could do that?

Of course, Max wasn't a gift even she knew it, but she never expected her own family could do that because of an asshole she met some month ago.

She let herself lay back against her headrest trying to cope with the situation. She can still remember the day she got home from school to find her aunt, pen in hand, signing the papers with the man's voice behind her telling her it was for the best.

What a bastard.

Her aunt has always been her hero and her savior. If she hadn't been here Max would have died a long time ago.

Her mother being a junkie, Maxime didn't have much balance in her life, the only good influence being her aunt so when her so-called mother died, Diana didn't miss a beat before filling the adoption papers and claiming herself as her legal guardian.

They lived together for eleven years, eleven years of laughter, trust, complicity, and even more but just six months ago she met a man in a bar, and as she said herself it was 'love at first sight'.

Personally, Max didn't think much of it, she just hoped it would disappear as fast as it came. She only realized her mistake when she was in this horrible and ridiculous pink maiden of honor dress hearing her aunt say the fatal yes that sealed her fate that she realized it wasn't just a moment of confusion in her aunt's life.

"That's unfair," she mutters with a huff.

She has never been the perfect child but at least she recognized it multiple times and even tried to change.

When this idiot passed the threshold as a husband it has been a war between the two of them. Most of the time it would be silence between the two, they would do everything to be as far away from each other as possible but the real struggle was family time imposed by Diana to try to get the two of them to bond. Snarky remarks, insults, and more became the norm and unbearable to her aunt to live through anymore.

"You will not stay here for long, two months, three maximum," Diana tells her looking in her direction through the rearview mirror.

"And why would I go there? I can take care of myself." at that, Ben, her new 'uncle' tries to hide his snicker with a cough as the teen goes on defensive mode.