chapter two

We didn't end up getting home until late, and Gemma and Lottie met us there, greeting us extra special at the door. Sure, I was suspicious at first, but what I expected compared to nothing with what was really waiting for me.

   There he was, Grimshaw, sitting at our dining table, drinking whatever the hell he was drinking, out of MY mugs, and eating OUR supper. Anger bubbled inside of me, what was he doing here?!

   I pulled Gemma away from the group of people. She sighed when I got her alone, "Harry, he's a nice guy."

   I groaned loudly, throwing my hands up in the air, "He's not a nice guy, he has something up his sleeve, I can tell. Nobody just walks up to a couple and introduces himself, how would he even know we were Louis and Harry!?" I whisper-yelled.

   Gemma shushed me, looking back towards the dining-room door. I wanted to storm away, but I needed to hear why he was here.

   "Where are his parents, huh? How come they're not over for supper, too?" I asked, she shrugged, "He said they couldn't make it, unpacking I guess."

   I snorted loudly, Gemma rolled her eyes, "Be nice, you're over-thinking everything, God, Harry!" She threw her arms up in the air, just like I had done, and stormed out of the room. I sucked on my teeth loudly, and slowly followed her back into the dining area.

  "Harry, is everything okay?" Anne asked, and I pulled a smile on my face, the hardest thing I ever had to do and nodded. She smiled back and turned back to Grimshaw.

   I looked around the table and landed my eyes on Louis. He was sitting across from him, making mindless chatter. I sighed quietly, and let my eyes fall towards the ground. I sat myself down at the empty chair beside Louis, and he gripped my arm, looking at me.

  I turned to look him in the eyes and nodded. I was fine, right? Everything's fine.

    His hand slipped down to mine, and I was glad to have it in mine, it felt safe. I looked back up to the people surrounding us. Just as I looked up, Grimshaw's eyes moved from mine and Louis' hands intertwined on the table.

   I narrowed my eyes at him, but he didn't look back over.

   "So where's your parents, Nick?" I asked, interrupting Gemma as she began to speak, she glared at me, but I ignored her and didn't turn over.

   "My uncle and aunt. They couldn't make it over, I guess they wanna finish unpacking as soon as possible. I'm sure you all will meet them someday." He shrugged.

    Louis squeezed my hand, I tried to pay no mind to his warning, and continued on, "What are their names?" I asked. It was so silent at the table, you could literally hear a pencil drop.

  "Chris and Mai Evans." He answered simply, a stupid smile on his face. I suddenly wanted to jump up and connect my fist with his face, and usually, I'm not a violent person.

   But Kyle and Nick just seemed like an exception.

   "How long have you been living with them?" I asked again, tightening my voice, he leaned across the table, the food lay completely forgotten for not only him, but everyone. Nobody moved, and nobody spoke.

  "Most of my life."

   "Why?"

  "Why does it matter?" He snapped, I smiled this time, leaning across the table as well, "Because it's a little suspicious, you know?"

   "Why would living with an aunt and uncle be suspicious, Harry?"

   "Did mommy and daddy not love you?" I whispered back, he stood up, and I was seconds behind him, "Fuck you."