Hyper Flight

This is a fanfiction for Brock Eastman's awesome Quest For Truth book series. Check his website out here:

brockeastman.com

Author's note: Story takes place sometime between Risk and Unleash. They found Obbin already, and have left Eniad. But instead of going back to Jar Des Eises they go to another planet instead.

**********

Obbin was ecstatic, he was going to fly again! Oliver had told him that he could come with him, to the next planet on their list. Obbin, Oliver, Austin, Mason, and Tiffany were seated aboard the ship.

"So, where are we going anyway?" asked Austin.

"We're headed to Zenith x." called Tiffany, reading from the e-Journal.

"Located in the exact canter of the Veloka system. It says here that Zenith x is a planet, that used to be filled with buildings and roads. Hardly any natural things like forests, ocean, or mountains."

"So basically a planet-wide city," said Mason.

"Exactly." replied his sister. "Well, at least it used to be. Mom wrote that when she and Dad went there last, it was all in ruins. And... uh, oh."

"What's wrong?" asked Mason.

"Well, it says here, that the planet is completely surrounded by black-holes!"

"How did they get past them?"

"They almost didn't. It says that the ship was almost pulled into one while steering around another."

"Well that's not good. Whenever a ship gets pulled into one of them, they never come out!" said Austin.

"And do you know why?"

"No, why?" asked his twin.

"Because when a ship gets pulled into one if them, they get thrown into a portal, that sends them across not only space, but time as well!" He exclaimed, spreading his out wide.

"Um, that's just a story, Mason" said Tiffany, "but they are dangerous, so we have to be careful!"

Oliver looked worried. "Hey," said Tiffany, "you okay?"

He looked over at her. "Hmm? Oh, yeah, yeah, I'm... fine. Tiff, can I ask you a question?"

"Anything."

"Have you ever just... had a feeling something bad was going to happen?"

Tiffany smiled at him. "I'm sure everything is going to be fine."

"Okay," he said, still unsure. "Prepare for Hyper Flight!"

As they entered Hyper Flight, the computer spoke up, "Danger! Danger! Approaching black hole! Abort!"

Obbin flew from his seat, and his hand pressed a big red button.

Then,

Everything went black.