Falling

Vivian's POV

I crack my eyes open and see that I am engulfed in the morning darkness. I move my eyes to my nightstand to see it read 5:30 AM. I mentally groan not wanting to wake up but mind over matter Viv.

Today was the first day of work at Spade Industries and I was not going to be messing around especially with the devil himself, not that I was scared of his grumpy ass. Reluctantly I climb out of the soft, comfy paradise to get ready to go to hell, literally.

I take a nice warm shower and head back to the vanity where I pick out my outfit. I am currently deciding between a black long sleeved turtle neck with light brown with high-waisted business pants or a white blouse with a checkered pencil skirt. 

I stare at the outfits for five minutes before going with the first option

I stare at the outfits for five minutes before going with the first option. No wonder boys are confused on why we take so long, half the time we are imagining how we would look in clothes, and I am not a picky person at all. I change and head downstairs and strangely it is very quiet. Usually Nana would be up.

I make my way to the kitchen and grab a knife and walk to my Nana's room. I open the door and let out a slight chuckle. Nana has fallen asleep while playing solitaire on her bed. She loves playing cards and that is where I get my amazing blackjack skills from. I tuck her in and let her continue resting.

I crack eggs and throw them in the pan and scramble them up. I leave Nana a note while making some coffee and stick it on her mirror. I grab the cup of coffee and hop in my civic. I start to play some Weeknd. I don't know how some people don't listen to his music, it is GODLY. 

I get lost in that angelic voice and suddenly am aware that I have made it to hell.

You got this Viv, just do your job and get that bread NOT head and leave. I grab my bag swing her across my shoulder, take my coffee and close the car door. I put on my bitch face so I look like a boss and walk through the revolving doors ready to kick some ass-Spade ass.

Since I didn't get my pass yet I need to ask the oh so lovely Mason, the head receptionist who gave me such a pleasant experience last time. I walk up to him and see that he is typing on his computer.

"Good morning, I am Mr.Spade's new PA. I don't have a pass yet so can you let me," I ask with a bright smile flashing in his face.

"Hmm, let me think...no," he blatantly states.

I just look at him cause I don't know if he is being serious or not. After a couple of seconds he laughs.

"I'm just messing around, go ahead Ms.Saray."

"Ha Ha... You got me good. Thanks!"

That was unusual, I guess he was just having a bad day last time. I hop in the elevator and click on the floor in which his office was located.

Ding

I step out and see three people at their desks working diligently. I make my way over to the head receptionist, Ms. Pierce.