Introduction

Savana walked over to her sisters' bed to wake them up, "Sid, Bree, come on! We don't want to make Miss Jane mad!" They turned over, trying to ignore their older sister. She went over to Sabrina's side of the bed, "Bree! If you don't get up you'll get your phone taken away!" She slowly got up and Jane Walker stormed into the room, "Why isn't the little one up?" Sabrina and Savana looked scared at their current care-giver. She stomped to Sidney and pulled her off the bed, ending in a thump and a cry of pain. Then she kicked the young girl once in the stomach, "Next time, you get up before I get in here." Sidney looked up, "Yes, ma'am." As soon as Jane walked out of the room, tears fell out of Sidney's eyes. Savana rushed over to her baby sister, "It's okay, Sid. you'll be okay. You'll get out of here soon." She looked up, "What about you, Ava? What about Bree?" Savana sighed, "Both of you have a better chance of getting adopted then me. I'll be stuck here for a while." Sidney smiled deviously, "But, we can go out." She started towards the fire escape. Sabrina and Savannah shook their heads, "No, Sid. We can't do that. Miss Jane will get mad." Sidney smiled widely, "But if we go out, more people will know us an maybe they'll even adopt us all!" Savana shook her head, "That's not how it works, Sid. Nobody wats to adopt three girls at once. Nobody wants a fifteen year old girl either. Here's the reality: you two are going to get adopted. I'll be stuck here until I'm eighteen, doing whatever that crank-lady tells me to. You'll be living happily with your new family, and I'll still be here. Fairy tails don't happen when you're fifteen in an adoption center. Now get dressed, we have to go to school." Sidney sighed, going to the small dresser and taking out a t-shirt and jeans.

Savana led her little sisters down the stairs and straight out the house, grabbing three apples on the way out. She rushed Sidney to the elemenary school, handing her the apple. She slowed down a little when they started walking to Sabrina's school. Sabrina sighed, "I wish she could just understand that we're not getting adopted." Savana shrugged, "It's the only shred of hope she's got left. It keeps her sane." Sabrina stopped as Savannah kept walking. Savana finally noticed her sister had stopped, so she turned around, "What's wrong, Bree?" She looked upset, "What if we really don't get adopted? What if we're left without parents for the rest of our lives?" Savana sighed, "Only the future can determine that, Bree."