The Vow

The blurred scenery made me drowsy and I started to close my eyes. Just when I was beginning to enjoy my new life and freedom, I heard a voice.
"Is anyone sitting here?" asked a deep and rich voice.
I slowly turned my head and my eyes landed on the most beautiful human being standing right in front of the door. I was obviously daydreaming, so I turned my head back and closed my eyes.
"Hello, are you deaf?"
Well there comes the stupid attitude of every beautiful boy. Before I could stop myself I mumbled, "Are you blind?"
He slowly smirked and ran his hand through his black curls. He picked up his suitcase and placed it in the compartment above. Honestly, I didn't mind the fact that I could stare at heaven for the next three days (unless he changed seats because of me) but couldn't he find a seat anywhere else on this empty train. Considering the situation I'm in, with all those fake ids, the last thing I needed was to become close to anyone. Emil warned me not to let anyone know my real name, and not let anyone know about my past and family.
Ugh, family. That word just sent shivers through me. I never knew what it meant and I never will.
The boy sat across from me but close to the door, probably to refrain himself from bothering me again. I smiled to myself at my witty comeback I had made a minute ago.
"Making fun of me already?" He mocked.
I looked at him, at his electric blue eyes, and blushed.
"Sorry about that snarky comment...I-I was just tired and cranky," I muttered.
He smiled as if he accepted my lame apology, "Hey it happens to the best of us. I'm Matthias. Matthias Fletcher." He stuck out his hand and spread a goofy grin on his face.
I giggled, "I'm Avi-,uh, Avi Tanner." I took his hand and shook it, immediately forgetting my vow to stay away from trouble.