𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐈𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐕𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞- 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. [𝐍𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲'𝐬 𝐁𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬]

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐗 𝐍𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲'𝐬 𝐁𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

Moving about in her house, April searched for her phone. She was always misplacing the thing and it annoyed her how detached from her phone she was. Once she found it, she would be ready to leave.

As she flung the covers up, her phone flew towards her wall, smacking it and flopping down on the ground.

"Ah shit." April hissed, walking over to the floor, face down on the wooden floor. April was nervous to pick it io but once she did, she let out a sigh of relief. The phone was fine, causing her to smile and place it in her back pocket.

It was early Friday morning, around 3 in the morning and she was in desperate need of a drink. The small pact to herself about no drinking was out of the window. She was stressed out.

Her homegirl was on the clock tonight of her and T's favorite bar so that's where she was headed.

After leaving Nia's house earlier, well yesterday, she was still feeling horrible. She couldn't believe she had looked her friend in the eyes knowing she had let her daughter's father do what he did.

She would try to forget it. She had convinced herself on the way home that maybe if she forgot about what happened, it would eventually feel like it never did.

Pulling into the back lot, April parked her car and stepped out of the driver's seat. Hazel came to the back door and let April inside.

"Hey boo." Hazel smiled at April.

"Hey girl. You look good." April complimented, hugging Hazel.

"You know I do's what I do." She laughed. "You need a drink bad huh?" Hazel laughed looking April up in down, taking a look over at April's attire.

April glanced down at her simple shoes, sweatpants and plain white t-shirt covered with a black leather jacket. She really just needed a drink. It had been a while since she had one and she was desperate for one.

"Listen, i'm going through it." April laughed, following Hazel to the front.

This bar wasn't a normal bar. It was almost like a mini version of a night club. Pap was swarming in the front so someone had to be important in the building but April wasn't much paying attention.

"What you drinking on?" Hazel asked as she came back to April after attending to a customer.

"Um, just Cîroc. I'm only going to have one." April wasn't going to drink too much tonight.

Hazel nodded, making April her drink and sliding it over to her. "So what's wrong honey? Something has to be wrong." Hazel laughed.

April shook her head, not wanting to tell anyone else the most embarrassing thing that's happened to her since junior high.

She pushed her hair over to another side messily before scoping the scene. Her eyes set upon him.

Her breathe was caught in her throat as she quickly turned back around

Happily smiling at Hazel who was still waiting on an answer. She rolled her eyes playfully. "Ok ms secrets... Hey how can I help you tonight handsome?" She greeted the man next to April.

He told her her order while April was fighting the urge to turn and look at Chris again. He looked like he was definitely in a good mood and maybe seeing her would bring him down.

Scrolling on her phone to pass time, April sang along to the song playing in the bar.

After finishing her one drink, like she said she would, April said her goodbyes to Hazel. She peeked over he shoulder, trying to get one last look at Chris but he had left. She should have known he was gone when the bar had quieted down.

Shaking her thoughts about him, she headed to her car and eventually was on the path to her home.

That one drink was encouraging her craziet dares to herself.

Pop up.

"No, I can't."

April contemplated popping up at his house as she drove and couldn't come to a decision fast enough. Like her car had a mind of it's own, she was in front of Chris' gate.

"Oh God no." She placed her head on her steering wheel sighing.

It was only one question, how bad could this go?

April let her feet carry themselves up to his gate, letting in his code and walking the pathway up to his front door, admiring the many cars and paintings he had everywhere.

Her hands shook as she raised her hand to ring the doorbell or at least knock. Whichever the muscles in her hands allowed her to do.

Before April make up her mind on how she would disturb his night, the door swung open to a half naked Chris, mean mugging her. His face softened and then his face turned into confusion.

"April what's up?"

"Um, we need to talk."

"About?" Chris asked, still holding the door while April stood on the outside. He didn't want her to see or hear what he had in his home so he was trying to get to the point.

April walked into his house with her face in her hands, like she was about to cry. Which she was. "I don't know. Like I- I don't know Chris." She sighed loudly. Her mind was all over the place and she couldn't look at him to explain it. It would only make it harder.

"What you mean you don't-

"Because I don't!" She laughed. But it wasn't a "haha this is funny" type of laugh. This was a self frustration and annoyed type of laugh. Very quick, very dry.

Once her eyes landed upon his, she did a double take on his appearance. He had no shirt on, his pants were hanging off of his hips, it's obvious he had no underwear on under as his v-line showed clear as day.

April looked around the floor seeing a red Chanel bag and immediately put two and two together. Once Chris had noticed what she noticed, he just looked at her, awaiting her response.

"Oh.." She chuckled.

"Yeah." He mumbled after her. April nodded and placed a smile on her face.

"It's okay. It- wasn't that important." April said her goodbyes, Chris hadn't said anything. April was thankful, it made it easier for her to walk back to her car.

"I knew I shouldn't have fucking came." She rolled her eyes, hot tears coming down that she tried to fight.

She didn't understand why she was so emotional. Why was she even crying? She shouldn't care. But she did.

____

Short chapter :)

Ik I have to be patient, I understand that but are there any tips on how to get this book more exposure? Tag adds, cover change, like what?